PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
Only two rules:

1. No bashing aros or those who smoke them. You're a snob, we get it.

2. Only your top three! This is a concession due to the fact that I know if I ask for your number one favorite, some of you would present a list of eighteen. This allows you a *little* wiggle room. Your welcome!

I'm asking because I want to expand my horizons beyond the 60+ lbs of VA's, Burleys, and English blends I have cellared. I figure some of you with lots of experience can turn me on to some stellar blends.

Aaaaaand go!

WirelessSmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2024
New England
I'm just under a year in experience, so I haven't really explored the aromatic category all that much, but here's what I like so far.

1. Watch City Cigar 4-Q

2. Captain Black Original

3. Watch City Cigar Old Black Magic
(I'm not sure if it's categorized as an aromatic, but it's what Ernie grabbed for me when I was looking for an aromatic experience).

Honorable mention: Watch City Cigar Eureka, because it's the blend that got me started on my pipe smoking journey, and yes I still enjoy it!

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Sutliff - Maple Shadows
Dan Tobacco - Devil's Holiday

Sorry, that's all I've got. I'm not a snob, I have a bunch of aros, I just haven't tried them yet.

I also like G&H Ennerdale, but that's contentious.

Ennerdale and Devil's Holiday will ghost a pipe though, however, apparently (as I discovered today), the ghosts will cancel each other out, smoking Devil's Holiday in an Ennerdale pipe will immediately neutralize that pipe (if you haven't smoked Ennerdale in like 9 months at least). Take that with a grain of salt though, could be an anomaly.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Lane BCA with a bit of Sutliff Nougat, 4:1 ratio - aka Telescopes

Blood Red Moon

Sutliff Frosty Mint with C&D Mocha and Sutliff Chocolate Supreme. 1:5:2 aka EZ1

As you can see, I mix and blend various ones to make them more to my taste.

Sutliff Frosty Mint is a wonderful blender when use in small small doses.

Haters are gonna hate, but low brow always wins the day among those who know.