PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
one time I got a great deal on something on e-bay. I skipped past three auctions that had the same product same condition with bidding wars that went three times above what the thing cost new in the store. Got it for 1/3 of what it should have cost. While three other people spent at least three times as much on it. Don't expect things to always make sense especially when dealing with people and other primates.

Reactions: Briar Tuck

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
one time I got a great deal on something on e-bay. I skipped past three auctions that had the same product same condition with bidding wars that went three times above what the thing cost new in the store. Got it for 1/3 of what it should have cost. While three other people spent at least three times as much on it. Don't expect things to always make sense especially when dealing with people and other primates.
Yep. I've seen bidding wars where the winning bidder paid about 50% more than the "buy it now" price on an active listing of an identical item. Sometimes people get caught up in the bidding.

Reactions: anotherbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Yep. I've seen bidding wars where the winning bidder paid about 50% more than the "buy it now" price on an active listing of an identical item. Sometimes people get caught up in the bidding.
I almost never bid on things on e-bay I like the buy now prices. If it's a potentially great deal or I really want the thing I might put in a bid but I am too annoyed to enter into a bidding war. Including the fact that I always start imagining the other people bidding as being the worst type of human detritus. They only want that pipe to torture puppies the bastards. So just easier to let it go.

Reactions: Briar Tuck