Tobaccos that leave a nice clothing note?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
So the wife and I made some forward movement in being more cool with me smoking pipes. She requests that I get tobaccos that smell good on me? I was confused by that and she said when I come inside after I smoke the lingering sent on my clothes isn't a desireable sent. So, I am asking for the assistance of you guys on her request.
Can you send samples or know of some good tobaccos that have a good lingering sent so she can be more accepting of it. I like aeros and english and me as the smoker can't really smell the after sent on my clothes. Hey ask your significant other what smells the best on you after you smoke too. Their input could be helpfull. Thanks.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
Aros usually smell pretty good 1Q specifically for me, but it seems like there is always one blend that we love that no one else likes the smell of. I have a coat designated for smoking that I leave in my smoking area that seems to help. I also brush my teeth or use mouth wash when I am done smoking.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
7 Seas (any of the line), Black House, and Oddyssey have my vote! There are some Shaun smokes that when he walks in the door the first words out of my mouth are "Shower. Now."

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Surprised Lawrence hasn't jumped all over the 1Q. I haven't had it but I've heard it tastes/smells like cookies n cream.
I second the 7 Seas line from Mac Baren. I've had all of them and the significant other likes how they smell. She noted in perticular that the 7 Seas Black Blend left a nice coco/chocolate smell on my clothes.
Also Vanilla Cream from Mac Baren is a wonderfully tasty vanilla blend that smells great too.
If you're looking for the wife's approval of lingering clothes smell I'd say keep English and Perique blends to when she won't be a round for a while. Those are typically the ones that guys love the taste of and women hate the smell of.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
@tokerpipes: smokingpipes.com and pipesandcigars.com both carry Lane Ltd. 1Q
It is a very simple virginia/cavendish blend. I wear a jacket when I smoke outside so no smoke gets on my clothes. About an hour after smoking a bowl of this the wife has mistaken my breathe for coffee not smoke.
No matter what you do you are going to smell like smoke when you walk back into the house after a bowl. First and foremost you will smell like you smoked a pipe for an hour. You can lessen the smell by wearing additional layers, changing your clothes, and drinking a glass or two of water afterwards. Water will lessen the smell on your breathe, and help prevent tongue burn the morning after if you were puffing too hard.
1Q is NOT a great tobacco. It is sweet, it is simple, it is enjoyable. Packs easy and stays lit easy with some drying time. It's the Hersheys of the chocolate world. And no one on the planet can say with absolute resolve that this does NOT smell great when it's being smoked in a pipe.
I make sure never to run out.
1Q Review
PM me your address if you'd like me to send a sample before you go ahead and purchase some.
Happy Smoking.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Surprisingly, H&H Armada got a thumbs up from SWMBO. She said it had a perfume type of scent. I spoke to Russ at H&H about it and he told me that the orientals are the reason. It also leaves a very pleasant room note for a Balkan ........

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Altadis Creme Brulee, Altadis Golden Honey 206 and P&C Fusion Labs Caramel Apple Pie smell divine. Also get a designated smoking jacket and cap and a bottle of Fabreze. Works wonders!

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I will seek out a jacket, but living in Florida I don't want to get something heavy. Wife said she would help find one. Sweet she is getting into this now. I need more suggestions for tobacco.
She has requested me to get samples before I start buying quantity. If any one can help send me a PM and I can shoot you an address. I will get you back.
@ Spartan

I sent you a PM for some 1Q, thanks.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Tokerpipes, PM me your address. I can send you some MacBaren vanilla cream and AC Peterson Mark Twain. I can only ship on Saturdays though, so it'll take a while.

They've gotten the thumbs up here ;-)

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Got some knock off vanilla drug store blend and she was ok with it for a bit but once the vanilla smell went away (which took about 5 minutes) she didnt care for it. The taste was very metalic.

Status
Not open for further replies.