PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigidman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2020
Richmond VA. Vicinity.
Been searching high and low for a good tobacconist near me without any luck. Anyone know of any? Most of the ones I've found have limited supplies and knowledge.

Mostly been talking to online dealers. What's weird is Sutliff isn't that far from me but they don't sell to the public. Wish they'd open a shop.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
Unfortunately, Richmond is no longer known as the "Tobacco Capital". You have Havana Connections, but they a mainly cigars. Everything else seems to be geared for the Vape community. The closest "Tobacconist" that I can think of is about an hour and a half away in Charlottesville. Cville Smoke Shop on Siminole Trail. Good folks and good overall selection. They also support the Conclave of Richmond Pipesmokers, (CORPS). I know what you mean about Sutliff, here they are local and I have to buy their stuff online and have it shipped.

Reactions: Rigidman

Rigidman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2020
Richmond VA. Vicinity.
Emerson's.They are located in Hampton Roads. One store in Chesapeake,two in Virginia Beach.Don't know if there any on the peninsula,or not.

Depending on traffic I've made it to VA beach in an hour or so. Don't drive like that much any more. Been lucky not to get a ticket for 100 mph in a 55. Thanks for info.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
It's a hike, probably 2 1/2 hours but there's Pipes by George in Raleigh and another nice shop in Apex, NC which is just outside of Raleigh. George's has more tobacco and pipes, the shop in Apex has a great smoking lounge. I spoke with George not long ago over the phone, his shop is basically open for carry out. I think the Apex shop allows people in the lounge. If you would make that trip, spend the night and go to Havana Deluxe downtown Raleigh. Up scale cigar bar with a decent selection of cigars and very good selection of alcohol.

Reactions: samuelgawith01

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Reactions: samuelgawith01
Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
Check out About Milan Tobacconists of Roanoke, Virginia (VA) - A Cigar, Pipe, and Tobacco Shop Offering Cigars, Pipes, Pipe Tobacco, and Accessories - https://www.milantobacco.com/aboutus.htm

They are very friendly, knowledgeable and have a great selection. The area is very cool too if you have never been to Roanoke.

I would call them prior to going to see about the covid issues and restrictions.

Enjoy and post back if you get a chance to visit.
Went to Milan's in the 90s.They were nice people.

Reactions: SpookedPiper
Status
Not open for further replies.