Tobacco Retailers Say Macon Going 'Smoke Free' Would Risk Local Jobs, Businesses

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
This was my comment on the article...
The use of verifiable stats and the backing of the IPCPR will help in this battle. I guess the concept of bans like this one causing job loss and loss of revenue is a hard one to grasp for most politicians.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
They've been playing with this in Atlanta for several years now. It keeps popping up every now and then and the clubs and bars fight it off a bit, mentioning how much it would hurt business.
I've quietly and periodically been trying to find the ordinances in GA about smoking. Most of what I've found isn't concrete. I do know that in Gwinnett County, they is/was a law that you couldn't smoke within a certain distance to the face of a restaurant or business. I'll see what else I can find over this next week or so.

lyst36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2011
^ Agreed. I work in a bar in the city of Atlanta and the laws we are aware of are kind of up in the air.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
From what I have been able to find out, EVERY city that has imposed wide ranging smoking bans has damaged the food and beverage sector .

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Where it really hurts the business is when they impose these laws upon the night life arena, but yes, I have to agree that in some way or another, business is hurt by it.
Example, around the Mall, there's a Starbucks that was ALWAYS full of people on the patio smoking cigars, pipes and coffin nails, talking with people and their own party...Don't see that happening anymore, and I can't say I've ever seen that location as busy as it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.