Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
You know, sometimes, as you get to the bottom of a tin, there is enough left for one pipeful but not enough for a second one? What do you do with the small bit of leftover? Do you mix it into another tobacco that you have a lot of? Do you just use it and smoke a half a bowl? Certainly you don't throw it out? I ask because I have half a bowl or less of Peterson's Gold Blend and I'm not sure what to do with it. And I have a few more tins that are getting to that point. Not a big deal, I know, but I thought I'd ask.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I usually open another tin, toss the remnants into it, stuff, light and enjoy the newly filled bowl. Very simple. If I lack another tin of the blend I toss the "lees" and move to another blend. If I have enough for a half bowl, obviously I smoke a half bowl. Nothing complicated or requiring great thought.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I only smoke burley blends. So when I dry my couple bowls worth on my wood tray, anything leftover gets put into a jar. When the Jar gets full the plan is...well there really wasn't much of a plan. But it wouldonly be burley blends I absolutely love, all mixed together. So I guess I could maybe smoke it. That might be a plan...

Last edited:
Reactions: Grangerous

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I either shake mine into the next tin of the same stuff or I deposit the remnants into a mason jar. I've got three jars dedicated to remnant "frankenblends; one for VaPers, one for Englishes, one for Burleys.

Reactions: DeerparkDays
Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Never had the problem. Pack the last one tighter in a larger bowl, or pack the second to last one loose and choose a smaller pipe. The last bowl is always perfect!

ADKPiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Adirondack Mountains
I snort lines of it.
That'll blow your hair back for you.
MV5BYTQxMmIzNjYtMzlkMS00ZjkwLThkZDUtMGNhNTI2OWRlMWY3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI3MDk3MzQ@._V1_.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Sinzalot