PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
I smoke a lot of Cult - Anonymous but at my current rate only have a months worth left. Anybody have any recommendations for a decent replacement or a pair of replacements one that showcases Honey you can actually taste without obliterating the natural tobacco flavors and a Vanilla that's not all spice? More generic Vanilla ice cream less fancy pants Vanilla bean ice cream?
On my tongue that's what I get out of Anonymous.
A beautiful mix of Honey, Vanilla and Natural Tobacco.
Honey especially would be nice as I've hunted and hunted and so far it's been ether so light on the Honey I had to question it's presence like the two C&D offerings or Sutliff blends that were So sticky wett fake honey you couldn't taste any tobacco while the pipe popped and snapped like an Ice cube In deep fryer.
Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you.

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
How about a hearty non-aromatic. Oops, that's not what you asked.
I've got lots and lots of em. Very much enjoy the English blends I just find when it comes both to smoking back to back to back bowls and most importantly in my life smoking while working in a windy field or on the back of the tractor the traditional blends get to be to much. Leaving me drooling like a dog or turning green. Nether very appealing ?‍♂️
But thank you.

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
I smoke a lot of Cult - Anonymous but at my current rate only have a months worth left. Anybody have any recommendations for a decent replacement or a pair of replacements one that showcases Honey you can actually taste without obliterating the natural tobacco flavors and a Vanilla that's not all spice? More generic Vanilla ice cream less fancy pants Vanilla bean ice cream?
Honey especially would be nice as I've hunted and hunted and so far it's been ether so light on the Honey I had to question it's presence like the two C&D offerings or Sutliff blends that were So sticky wett fake honey you couldn't taste any tobacco while the pipe popped and snapped like an Ice cube In deep fryer.
This might not be quite what you're looking for, but C&D Eight State Burley has a decent, subtle but firm vanilla casing on just the burleys in that blend, with some very aged orientals, though it is not oriental forward as they are subdued. It's a great blend, it might open up your eyes?

And I seemed to hear that Stanwell had a good vanilla blend, or maybe it was MacBaren, can't remember. As far as honey, I would imagine that the C&D black locust blend (can't remember the rest of the name) or Sun Bear would sport a decent amount of honey flavoring, but it seems to be a hard trick to pull off. I noticed that it was extremely subtle in C&D Bijou, but then again the Virginias in that blend are stellar, not to mention the Katerini, which is beyond stellar, so I didn't end up missing the honey very much. But if it's honey and vanilla you're looking for, I hear ya. There's gotta be some blends out there that will scratch that itch.

If all else fails, you could probably very easily flavor some tobacco yourself. Gets some vanilla extract and look up a YouTube video, you could probably do the same with honey. You might have to make a honey/water solution and spray it on the tobacco. Good luck

Reactions: HopHand

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
This might not be quite what you're looking for, but C&D Eight State Burley has a decent, subtle but firm vanilla casing on just the burleys in that blend, with some very aged orientals, though it is not oriental forward as they are subdued. It's a great blend, it might open up your eyes?

And I seemed to hear that Stanwell had a good vanilla blend, or maybe it was MacBaren, can't remember. As far as honey, I would imagine that the C&D black locust blend (can't remember the rest of the name) or Sun Bear would sport a decent amount of honey flavoring, but it seems to be a hard trick to pull off. I noticed that it was extremely subtle in C&D Bijou, but then again the Virginias in that blend are stellar, not to mention the Katerini, which is beyond stellar, so I didn't end up missing the honey very much. But if it's honey and vanilla you're looking for, I hear ya. There's gotta be some blends out there that will scratch that itch.

If all else fails, you could probably very easily flavor some tobacco yourself. Gets some vanilla extract and look up a YouTube video, you could probably do the same with honey. You might have to make a honey/water solution and spray it on the tobacco. Good luck
I guess I need to revisit C&D on my hunt for honey. I've tried their Interlude and Manhattan Afternoon nether had much of any honey but want aware they had others with a honey profile don't know how I missed that thank you.

Reactions: Effortlessdepths

Bluemonter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2021
G L Pease The Virginia Cream is one of my 'tractor blends'.
It has a vanilla topping, very subtly applied though. You may be looking for something sweeter...

It's one of those smokes that I don't have to pay too much attention to. Good Virginia flavour that's not too sweet or biting.
The vanilla sneaks in there from time to time and gives a good creamy (hence the name, Virginia Cream) mouth feel.

Good luck in your search, hope this may have helped you....

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
I haven't had the Cult Anonymous before, but for vanilla and tobacco that's a touch sweet I like the Dan Tobacco Sweet Vanilla Honeydew. I wouldn't say that there is much if any honey to it, but it may be one worth trying to find out.

The blend that I've gotten the most honey flavor from lately is C&D Small Batch Sun Bear Black Locust. There is definitely a lot more than just honey going on in it though; it's one of my favorite blends. Delish!