Tobacco Presents from Santa—What to Get?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Gregg1980

Might Stick Around
Title edited for caps and specificity.

So I’m putting together a pipe and tobacco selection order for myself to order from Father Christmas because I’m such a good boy.

I’m going for the Savinelli Christmas poker pipe…which should do nicely. See attached image.

But the question is what tobacco? Has anyone got any recommendations that just down right ooze Christmas? The Peterson connoisseurs choice smells of Christmas cake so I’ll be putting some of that in the bag but has anyone got any good suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 46C0C010-23CB-405E-A39B-55E5021F73E9.jpeg
    46C0C010-23CB-405E-A39B-55E5021F73E9.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
See above ideas, sort of depends on what says Christmas to you. The Cringle Flake is good, I've got some non-perique I've never opened that I need to try as well, but to me, other than the packaging, it doesn't scream holidays, but is still good, just like with some hot chocolate the other day I had a hankering for Warped Scarecrow and that felt holiday to me just because it complemented the beverage I guess.

Sutliff Christmas Spice, Wilke has a Santa's blend, Boswell's Christmas Cookie - those are "Christmas forward". For me the Boswell's is in third and the Sutliff and Wilke are tied but very different blends.

The new C&D Jolly Old Saint Nicholas has a different kind of tin note, some equate to very ginger-y --- I opened a tin and let it air out awhile and enjoyed some of it a lot more last week than I did when it first came. The Ghosts of Christmas Future I got free with a Peterson pipe from SP isn't bad at all.

Jun 9, 2018
England
So I’m putting together a pipe and tobacco selection order for myself to order from Father Christmas because I’m such a good boy.

I’m going for the Savinelli Christmas poker pipe…which should do nicely. See attached image.

But the question is what tobacco? Has anyone got any recommendations that just down right ooze Christmas? The Peterson connoisseurs choice smells of Christmas cake so I’ll be putting some of that in the bag but has anyone got any good suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
You're in the UK so i'll stick to what you can get over here. Embers already suggested Gawith Rum Flake and I wholeheartedly second that. Bear in mind it's called Jamaican Flake over here.

Gawith Hoggarth Seasonal Reserve Is a great tobacco if you like cherry. It tastes like cherry marzipan to me.
Their Reunion Series Bourbon Flake is great, as well.

All 3 are readily available.

Jun 9, 2018
England

Thanks in advance.
BTW, don't forget about the postal strikes we've got going on. If you want your order to arrive before Christmas you'll need to get your skates on.

greysmoke

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
South Coatesville, PA
www.greysmoke.com
I hate to be repetitious, as I shared this in another thread, but perhaps a Boswell's Christmas Cookie will fill the bill. For me, it's a once or twice a year holiday treat, as I'm not much of an aromatic smoker. But it's certainly festive. (Peeking out from behind the jar is a Peterson Christmas Darwin from 2020.)

unnamed (2).jpg

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1

Hunter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2022
MD
I bought myself some x-mas gifts also. Savinelli churchwarden smooth 601 pipe, Can of Maltease falcon to try, some cleaning supplies and pipe tools.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon