PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mdyer909

Lurker
Apr 13, 2024
I took up the pipe this spring after many years of abstinence. I’m really enjoying ”Freya &Loki“ most of all. I’m getting a hang of Gl Pease Jackknife Plug. It should come with an “operating heavy machinery“ warning. I was actually driving a tractor the first time I smoked it. I had a tin of Ashton Gold Rush from the old days, circa 2009, which held up good. I’ll get that again. The only tobacco my little general store has is Half&Half, but I find that pretty nice smoked in a cob walking the dogs.

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
Yeah Jackknife Plug is a bit like jumping in the deep end but sink or swim I suppose. Nothing wrong with Half & Half however there are codger blends I like better.

Reactions: JOHN72

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
I've always liked H&H more than Prince Albert or Carter Hall.
I do miss Middletons Cherry, but maybe that's just nostalgia.
JKP is a great tobacco too. I've got a tin or two stashed away.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Any codger smoke other than Velvet's pretty nice. There are so many blends out there. I'll say try them all. Definitely try Peterson/Dunhill blends. GLP, Rattray, and Ashton. There are others, but I personally like those.

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
Jackknife is good stuff. If you want less hassle than with the plug, check out the ready rubbed version.
Also, if you like Freja and Loki, maybe check out Mad Fiddler Flake. I'll also throw in a recommendation for Pease's Six Pence while i'm at it. ;)