PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
&

@Peck - excellent choices; I have tried them all, with the exception of the Custom Blend#2 and this will soon be remedied! I think you would also like his "Classic English".

May 31, 2012
“lordlowercase’’

:lol:

I've failed the MoT test.

I'm a total rustbucket it seems.

mot-test-barnet.jpg

Good to see you here Chris!
You are the true reigning Lord of All Plugs!
The radio show with Glynn was simply fantastic!
Even though I'm not a huge perique person, I feel that I must try Askwith Kake because it sounds so damn good!
:puffy:

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
@Troy - The Asquith Kake has beaucoup perique which I like, but knowing your tastes you might wish to try the "Nottingham Lace Noir" first. It is like nothing I have taated before. E-mail me if you have any trouble sourcing GQ blends.
And with the US getting interested in GQ I hope Glynn will make enough dough to buy a stem press and craft some REAL PLUGS!!

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Glynn is a great guy. He was kind enough to send me some very nice cigars to review for my Sunday Evening Cigar series I do on my YT channel. He's very knowledgeable and if you haven't checked out his YT channel you're missing out on some great information.

May 31, 2012
@Troy - The Asquith Kake has beaucoup perique which I like, but knowing your tastes you might wish to try the "Nottingham Lace Noir" first. It is like nothing I have taated before. E-mail me if you have any trouble sourcing GQ blends.
And with the US getting interested in GQ I hope Glynn will make enough dough to buy a stem press and craft some REAL PLUGS!!
Flaky - I made contact with Glynn and was able to make payment arrangements, my first order arrived in quick time for coming from the UK, but I mostly ordered pouches, 5 x Warrior Plug, 25g of Highland Sliced to try (I don't really like it that much so far), Cob Plug (smells wonderful and I have high hopes), and 50g of JFG RDF!!!!!!
Plus, Glynn included a generous sample of Swamp Flower which I will sample this coming weekend!
I'm totally withya on the kake vs. plug thing - hard plugs carry the magic most delightful!

But big 'ol steam-jacketed presses are mucho expensive mang!

:!:

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
Troy - My noble Lord :worship:, it seems that the mountain has needed to come to Mahomet; but you know I can't resist a thread on new baccies, especially if the "P" word is mentioned! :)
Speaking of plugs, Glynn stocks two variants I have not seen elsewhere - GH&Co "Balkan Plug" and GH&Co "Bright CR Plug". Both are sublime, but the former is the more remarkable. In the past, we (and later Jiminks) agreed that the plug version, as compared with the flake of the same blend, was generally smoother, richer and 'creamier'. Well........the difference between GH BP and the BF variant is astonishing (to me, at least)
I have smoked GH BF for 15 years, and love it. It is a rip-roaring, creosote, burning tyres, Lat-dominant flake. The Plug version of the same blend however is only lat-forward IMO, super-smooth and rich. You would hardly know they were the same blend. I adore them both; they serve different moods.
Anyways.........happy piping old pal!!

May 31, 2012
Thanks for the tip Chris!
Methinks BP may be in my future, sounds like a winner.
btw

Have you ever tried Velvan Plug?????
I'm intensely curious about it!!!!!
And happy piping to you too you plugugly ruggerbugger!

:wink:

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
Troy - I have heard of the Velvan Plug and read about how good it is. But I can't source it. If you can use your unparalleled research skills to find out how I can source it I will buy some and we can share it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.