PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxbriar

Lurker
Jun 5, 2009
Tinderbox has some nice tobaccos. Wilshire and Sunset are similar. I also like the Aromatic English (maybe this is just for our store in Lancaster, PA) Worth checking.
Thomas

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
I believe Wilshire is actually Lane's 1Q. Which is a nice Aro. North Sea is Peter Stokkebye Nougat as well. They do have some of their own blends. I have read many good things about Reserve 1928 blend.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
They have some good Tobacco nothing special but good "every day" smokes. I had the Chartwell and Sherlock's Choice.
Chartwell- offers a nice taste of Burley, A nice English blend it had a bit of Tongue bite.
Sherlock's Choice- "The correct marriage of Virginia, Latakia, and Turkish tobaccos accounts for the robust flavors of this classic blend. Medium flavored and cool smoking."

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
At one time I really enjoyed Latakia-rich British and full British blends. At the time, the smokey, saline, plum-dark and oily smooth flavors were nothing short of sublime; and few other styles could stand up to them. But I found that I couldn't eat prime rib at every meal, every day; and I broke with that habit in favor of the American style blends: Va / Burley / Perique in various combinations. These days I find the British blends a little overwhelming: like getting clobbered with flavor as opposed to being caressed by it. Does anyone else have that experience?

duffyspipe

Lurker
Jan 17, 2010
I have smoked Tinderbox personal blend of 50% Captains Spice and 50% Lamplighter for 30+years. It was suggest to me by the tobaccanist (when they hired tobaccanists). I lived in a small town in Louisiana and the local Mall was the own choice. No internet then! :)
Recently, tried the Cherry Almond. Not that great...lots of tongue bite. Must smoke very slowly.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Cortez I had similar taste changes, I recently wrote a blog about it. I find myself smoking alot of PA now, I notice you do too. Happy smoking. Enjoy whatever you decide to load your pipe with.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
When I began smoking a pipe, I tried a lot of aromatics and settled on a few. Then my taste changed, and I liked the English blends a lot.

Here lately I started liking cherry blends and more blends with burley/va. I haven't abandoned English altogether yet, but I definately have had a taste change. It's gtreat that we can satisfy those changes so easily. I hope that's always the case.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
My wife bought me a few ounces of sherlocks choice and black russian yesterday. I'll let everyone know what I think of the black russian when I smoke it.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
The Briary (Check it out.) was originally a Tinder Box in the Brookwood Mall, many moons ago.

Skip's Dad used to run it back then, nothing more than a hole in wall (literally), and a great little store. Since then Skip moved it. It's a first class pipe shop.

Reactions: Mark S

dillydallydan

Lurker
Feb 26, 2010
I used to shop at Tinder Box shops, back in the day. I found them to be magical places and always enjoyed my visits. By the way, I appreciate the extra effort some of you guys go to to put links into these posts. Makes it real easy to go see what you are talking about!

Reactions: Mark S
Status
Not open for further replies.