PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

asteroid1

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2011
Since you have been an everyday pipe smoker what is the longest duration you have gone without having a pipe and what was the reason for the break?

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Sometimes I take some pipes with me on vacation; sometimes I don't. I've been smoking a pipe for 23 years and I can go a week or more with no problems.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I started a pipe in '68; there was a period in the late 90's - early 2000's I was mostly smoking cigars. I picked up the pipe again in 2003 or so.

So there's a period of several years, but I was smoking cigars. Since I switched back, the longest was when I had my gall bladder out - about 3 days prepping for surgery and in the hospital. Then it was about 3 days after I was released before I reached for my pipe again. :puffy:

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
I once had to go a whole weekend because my truck was in the shop and I stupidly forgot to grab my pipe bag when I dropped it off. It was a long weekend. Now I make a point of keeping a couple of pipes and some tobacco in my backpack (which goes with me any time I am out of the truck...ok it's like my "purse" sue me).

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Gave up the pipe for lent last year. But I only smoke once or twice a month anyway.
Winton

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I sometimes go a couple of days without smoking, but I have gone 6 months or more before depending on the circumstances. I like to smoke, but its not biggy to stop for a while if I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.