PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I can fill every butane lighter I own.

Bought 2 of these last week & I can't get gas in them worth a crap. Any secrets?

TIA

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I use a fork to bleed all the air from the lighter, they take a full fill at that point. No other issues with my two. I did find some can nozzles don't fit well, but the Zippo butane fits nicely.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
zippo butane works in mine. I had some fancy butane with a metal tip that did not work.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've had no luck with mine. But I have no luck with butane lighters at all. Everyone else's seems to work better than mine. I stick to a Zippo pipe lighter with good, old fashion fluid.

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
I ordered one that should be arriving today or tomorrow. I'll let you know what happens.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
BTW, I have the same problem with my Old Boy. I cant seem to get butane in that thing. I must be possible because so many people have them. I guess I need to find some quality filtered Butane or try the Vector 5X stuff roth uses.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I can never get mine lit worth a darn. It takes like 10+ strikes to get it going. It seems like it leaks out in under 24 hours too. I've shelved it and stuck to matches or a bic.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I love mine for when I'm outdoors (which is every time I smoke during the warmer months). I've used Lava Butane and mine fills fine. Haven't had any problems yet...
-Jason

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
I received my insert today and it loaded fine and works well. The only thing for me being a southpaw, is that it is made for right handed folk. It wouldn't take much to designed it to be adaptable for either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.