PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

obelus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Portland, OR
Three more random additions to an assemblage that lacks any consistent organizing principle. I've been wanting a Doodler for a while. I like the retro look of the thing. Did some hand cleaning. Smokes well. The Armellini was a sentimental purchase. The Kaywoodie was a what the heck-- NOS for about 12 bucks.
mauro-armellini-a-600x398.jpg

doodler-600x398.jpg

kaywoodie-600x398.jpg

obelus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Portland, OR
I didn't think to ask. I figured that since my Tracy Mincer and Custombilt knock-off are good smokers the Doodler should be as well. And it is.
But if you have a moment and know any tricks when it comes to pipe cleaners and Kaywoodies... Please feel free to share. That stinger has me a little nonplussed. It looks like it won't take much to really gunk it up.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
The non removable stingers are a clean after every smoke situation. As I don't care about collector value on the few I am keeping I hack that sucker off and leave the threads.

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
I'm a Kaywoodie man through and through, and I find that it is a pipe to pipe thing; some will let you run a pipe cleaner through them all the way, some you have to remove the stem. However, I don't mind them at all, and certainly don't hack them off!

I just make sure to rub 'em off after each smoke (occasionally two smokes, if I'm somewhat out of it.)

Also, I like how one is able to remove the stem while the pipe is hot because of the stinger. Makes killing gurgles easy as can be!

Status
Not open for further replies.