PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Some of you may recall me posting about acquiring my first bulldog, a Kaywoodie. Been smoking it regularly, running cleaners through it, and would like to take it apart for a thorough cleaning.
When I give the usual gentle turn. the silly thing will not budge! I'm reluctant to force it, for obvious reasons.
Any thoughts on what I might do,

Reactions: Briar Lee

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Some of you may recall me posting about acquiring my first bulldog, a Kaywoodie. Been smoking it regularly, running cleaners through it, and would like to take it apart for a thorough cleaning.
When I give the usual gentle turn. the silly thing will not budge! I'm reluctant to force it, for obvious reasons.
Any thoughts on what I might do,
my only advice is to be happy you're better off then the guy who didn't know stems came out. The look on his face when he showed his friend his pipe to help figure out why it was so nasty.... First thing the guy checking it does is pull the stem off. The look on the first guys face was about like the look you'd get on your face if you went to georged with this pipe and he grabbed a hammer and smashed the stummel to pieces.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I saw this yesterday, thought "Duh! You've done that before! CRS!" and went off and stuck it in the freezer.
30 minutes later - nope.
30 more minutes - nope.
30 more minutes - nope.
This morning - a good 16 hours after I put it in - nope. It does not move at all. Not one iota.
This was a new pipe. I'm able to run a cleaner through it, although if the cleaner is not completely straight, it won't go all the way.
I'll try the cleaner dipped in alcohol trick. If that doesn't work, I am probably going to get off my duff and make that trip up to Paul's that I have been postponing.