PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Thinning the Herd, and Increasing it at the Same Time ... that's what Fred is doing this February. How about you? Are you getting some new pipes, and getting rid of some that you don't know why you have? Read about that along with some nods to famous pipe smokers of the past in Fred's February column here.

Of Dear Friends and Pipes

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
I have one pipe arriving tomorrow, Stanwell Freehand, and then I am getting rid of the pipes that I haven't smoked in the last 20 years, then sort out what I have collected in 65 years.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

spike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2009
I have one pipe arriving tomorrow, Stanwell Freehand, and then I am getting rid of the pipes that I haven't smoked in the last 20 years, then sort out what I have collected in 65 years.
65 years is quite impressive, Chief. I’m at 51 years and you make me a relative rookie.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I understand the thoughts here, but as it’s mentioned;

Once a pipe collector always a pipe collector, the Pundit says.

I’ve never really been a collector of anything in life.

November, I’ll have been here 4 years, and to date, I only own 3 briar pipes and 1 meerschaum. I’m not sure that would really qualify as collecting. I only own a few pipes, so each one can have 3-4 days rest is all, excluding the meerschaum.

But then the article does say;

1 pipe a smoker, if you have two, your a collector.

So maybe I am a wee tiny collector. LOL 😝

I only buy to smoke, but when I do buy a pipe, I certainly try to buy something quite nice, and hopefully unique.

Nice article! 👍

P.S. I’m also a traveler/gypsy at heart, so that always means, traveling light, so I’ll never own a lot.