PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dispatch

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2011
What are some views on the Wellington line of pipes?
$(KGrHqMOKjkE27mwMuOiBN)NkUPgYw~~_3.JPG

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Over the years there have several manufacturers offering Wellingtons. To my knowledge WDC was the first I have always gotten good smokes from them.

dispatch

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2011
I believe That is what they call a 'Baby Wellington', correct? Very nice, a steal at $25.00! When they were new, why were they so cheap? Was Wellington not considered a quality pipe?

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
They were a moderately priced pipe. Sort of a workingman's model. At that time decent briar was relatively inexpensive.

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
I recently bought one at pipesandcigars and it smokes great..maybe my best smoker right out the gate. I thought they were kinda a pete knock offs? Is that not so? I like them and that one with the wind cap is super cool.. I think I might have to try a Petereson at some point if this is the knock off? : )

dispatch

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2011
I like that they have an old world style look. They'd fit in around any camp fire during the Civil War.

Soldiers-Smoking.jpg

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
I have a Wellington Balmoral Bulldog. It's a good smoker for an inexpensive pipe. My next Wellington will be a home address in Wellington Florida. Prices down there right now are like the pipe.

dispatch

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2011
wolfscout,

That is a very nice Wellington collection! A damn nice variety.

You ever want to sell one "or all", let me know(seriously)!

dispatch

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2011
marmal4de,

Just as long as after you smoke it.... you don't have the taste for BRAINS!!!!

Return01_t600.jpg

990rick

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2011
I just received my first Wellington. It's a biggie (9 1/4" long) and the bowl is much bigger than I prefer, but I have to admit it's a pretty cool smoker, both literally and figuratively. It's a 3/4 bent and looks just like the one in the first blog that Baskerville posted.

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
Oh just re read your lat post 990rick. Guess those questions, well yeah, nevermind. Wasn't paying enough attention. I bought a new one a couple months ago. And I have a used and somewhat older one coming from ebay. I will post it to see if anyone can tell the year. It seems they are hard to date.

dispatch

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2011
Oh No! You've got enough, leave some for the rest of us! I'm JK. They are a very addictive pipe to collect. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.