PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
One brand of pipe I would love to add to my collection is a Dunhill. They are certainly "up market" pipes made of fine quality materials and carry a price tag to match. Sadly for me to own this particular example, I'll need a lottery win!
Beautiful and unique and limited to a run of 300 pipes. I particularly love the band on this pipe. Nothing so "ordinary" or predictable as silver, gold or even platinum. None of those common place bands for this pipe. This one uses ivory from a Mammoth that died over 61,000 years ago!
I have a sever case of "Pipe Envy"!!
http://bit.ly/uhr9Cg

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
I like that one withnail, like you the lottery would be needed for that one, I do have one Dunhill in my collection that I inherited from my Grandfathers collection many years ago and it is a rare Meerschaum one.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I have one Dunhill and I have to say that it always provides a worry free, problem free, cool smoke. It never gurgles, it doesn't get hot to the touch, and it seems to have a knack for providing those memorable smokes that we all cherish. I am sure that a lot of what you are paying for is the name, but there is no doubt that Dunhill produces high quality smoking instruments.
dscf1468-600x323.jpg

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Withnail, I assumed that ALL Brits smoke Dunhills (and drive Jags and hang out with Beefeaters, etc.) :wink:
Be careful... Dunhill has LOTS of "limited edition" pipes which means they're DOUBLY expensive.

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
I have 3 dunhill.They're nice pipes and smokes very well, but i like pipes with more briar thickness and more important size.So I prefer Castello and Ardor with no doubt

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
No sabertooth tiger fang? pshh... Doesn't even look like a badass dunhill to me. Just another pipe.

Jul 15, 2011
I'm not normally one for whimsical pipes or fancy adornments, but I have to say this is rather cool. Anyone got some cash I can borrow? :laughat:

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
Here is a friends youtube channel.He is a Dunhill collector and a Dunhill history buff.

http://youtu.be/WJf9m514e_c

vroomfondel

Might Stick Around
Dec 2, 2011
Zurich
That particular pipe looks alright, but too pricey for me. At one point I will have to add a Dunhill to my collection as well, just to see what the hype is all about. But I'll probably go the estate route.

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Withnail, I assumed that ALL Brits smoke Dunhills (and drive Jags and hang out with Beefeaters, etc.)
I say old chap. We all had to sell our bally old Dunhills to bail the country out of the current financial tizzy don't cha know! :rofl:
I just love the fact that it includes some Mammoth tusk in the design (I've always been a bit "Pre-Historic"). The only way it could be cooler would be if it had a band made from a meteorite!

Status
Not open for further replies.