PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I was staggered to focus in on the SP Savinelli pages that extend to something like 39 pages. I made it to Page 16 before I became too glazed to understand what I was looking at, but the number and variety of pipes and prices is staggering. If anyone makes it through 39 pages and can still post on Forums within an hour, I'd be happy to congratulate them. Truly dizzying. Perhaps this is best viewed four or five pages at a time.

Reactions: didimauw

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I’ve made it through, when hunting for sales. They’re always “on sale,” at 20% off, so if you want to catch real sales, you need to do some math as you browse.

The Onda line has some really nice smooth, blonde-stained pipes, and SP has them at great prices right now. I’ve already got one, but I can’t help but browse.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't done in-person comparisons, but I suspect Sav's high end pipes are as good as other high end pipes costing considerably more. That is, I'd trust them at the high end.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I haven't done in-person comparisons, but I suspect Sav's high end pipes are as good as other high end pipes costing considerably more. That is, I'd trust them at the high end.
And I do think so, High-end Savinellis are fine pipes and often very good price /quality ratio, I'm not saying they are affordable, but competitive in comparison to other factory-made higher-end pipes

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I tend to be a pretty thrifty pipe buyer, and I really enjoy some of the low- and mid-priced pipes that I select after much study and thought. But at any given price -- say $300 or $600, etc. -- I'd trust Savinelli to live up to that price and beat many other pipe makers in quality of materials and workmanship. You could pay half again as much, or twice as much, and not get a better pipe, or maybe as good a pipe. A listing of 39 pages with one online retailer illustrates that Sav is selling a lot of pipes to repeat customers. There's a reason for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.