PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
the pipe on the left is one i made and the other is a 5 dollar estate pipe. the stain is still wet. was going to shoot a vid but when i got to the shop i found out my battery was dead. will do one. they turned out ok i think. :D

DSC00028.jpg

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Pic is a bit on the blurry side, but they do look pretty good. How does one rusticate? I know there are all sorts of rustication types and techniques out there, but I have always wondered how they achieve that wonderfully deep bucholic knobby rustication like on a Castello Sea Rock or Radice Rind. I just love that style of rustication, especially with deep red contrast stains.

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
i use a dremil. i am uploading a video now of another pipe i did.hers a pic its the red one. the vid should be up in a hour.

DSC00001.jpg

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
Here's some tips from Tyler Lane:
http://www.tylerlanepipes.com/modules.php?name=Doc&text=Pipe_Making.4~Finishing.4~Rustication
Click on the INTRO link for others.

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
i seen guys use chisels and homemade tools to gouge the pipe. it all works.

searock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2010
Ha! I just wrote a long winded explanation of this in the "vidio on doing the rustic pipe" thread! Glad to see the link here with the image of the gouge, it makes it easier to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.