PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
… that make you happy. Saw the first red tomatoes of the season yesterday 🍅. BLTs are in my future. How many have gardens, and what do you usual plant? I always have tomatoes… Beefsteak, Better Boy, Early Girly… and San Marzano for sauce. I also grow beans, banana peppers (sweet & hot), bell peppers (red & green), onions, zucchini, eggplant, sweet basil… and Jack-O’-Lantern pumpkins 🎃 for the first time, which are taking over the yard. I have to have it fenced in because of the deer 🙄

IMG_3011.jpeg

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Enough deers and rabbits to eat our trees and flowers. Don't need a proper garden. Tho fig trees are doing ok. Probably move them to open area in the fall. Deers and rabbits leave figs alone. It's the damned birds that poke at the figs and any and all flying bugs finish 'em off. Gotta time right to beat them to the figs.

Reactions: STP

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
… that make you happy. Saw the first red tomatoes of the season yesterday 🍅. BLTs are in my future. How many have gardens, and what do you usual plant? I always have tomatoes… Beefsteak, Better Boy, Early Girly… and San Marzano for sauce. I also grow beans, banana peppers (sweet & hot), bell peppers (red & green), onions, zucchini, eggplant, sweet basil… and Jack-O’-Lantern pumpkins 🎃 for the first time, which are taking over the yard. I have to have it fenced in because of the deer 🙄

View attachment 321389
I'm not a huge tomato person but where the Romas at???

Fuelman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2024
Indiana
Tomatoes, beans, sweet potatoes, peppers. Fried green tomatoes are tasty too. Being able to go fishing on a quiet bank with a good pipe.

Aug 1, 2012
Ah, tomatoes. One of my favorite foods. The best is straight off the vine and into my mouth.

(Incidentally, I find it humorous that people are posting their dogs in a food post. I've been in places that have dog on the menu but I've never tried it.)

• Wow

Fuelman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2024
Indiana
Ah, tomatoes. One of my favorite foods. The best is straight off the vine and into my mouth.

(Incidentally, I find it humorous that people are posting their dogs in a food post. I've been in places that have dog on the menu but I've never tried it.)
I assume they are talking about the little things that make them happy, but I see what you mean.