PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I just binged all the episodes over the past few days and watched the last one available this afternoon. Didn’t even realize tonight was finale night but I will be watching it!

I think it’s been very well done (full disclosure, I know nothing about the game).

Reactions: fightnhampster

Mortamyhr

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2023
Nashville, TN
I love this show. I think its just fantastic. The deviations from the game have really been enjoyable. Adding more story, yet still keeping true to the general plot. Ugh. Now the wait for season 2😭🤣

I wonder what tobacco would be around 20 years after the apocalypse. They show cigarettes at one point, but it’s doubtful that tobacco crops would be a high enough priority in a post-apocalyptic “society” other than what just happens to still grow freely. I would like to assume a cellar is stumbled upon now and again. Ah, the ramblings of a tired mind…

Reactions: jpberg

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I love this show. I think its just fantastic. The deviations from the game have really been enjoyable. Adding more story, yet still keeping true to the general plot. Ugh. Now the wait for season 2😭🤣

I wonder what tobacco would be around 20 years after the apocalypse. They show cigarettes at one point, but it’s doubtful that tobacco crops would be a high enough priority in a post-apocalyptic “society” other than what just happens to still grow freely. I would like to assume a cellar is stumbled upon now and again. Ah, the ramblings of a tired mind…
Whomever stumbles upon my cellar would be set for life 🤣🤣

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
Finale was OK and now after concluding the season, it certainly has some weak spots overall. A lot of the action and story contained within a single episode is very enjoyable but it feels like as a whole, it just didn't know where it wanted to go. The Walking Dead ultimately suffered the same problem (for me) and why I stopped watching it after the third season.

They dangle certain ideas and goals that work in the block of an episode but then abandon them long term which makes it feel like a collection of short stories vs. a well executed, long term plot.

ADKPiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Adirondack Mountains
My son and I have been watching it every Sunday. His opinion is that season one will line up with plot of game one. I didn't play the game but he did and he says so far it lines up pretty closely.
Overall I'd say it's a great show

Reactions: fightnhampster

Mortamyhr

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2023
Nashville, TN
Finale was OK and now after concluding the season, it certainly has some weak spots overall. A lot of the action and story contained within a single episode is very enjoyable but it feels like as a whole, it just didn't know where it wanted to go. The Walking Dead ultimately suffered the same problem (for me) and why I stopped watching it after the third season.

They dangle certain ideas and goals that work in the block of an episode but then abandon them long term which makes it feel like a collection of short stories vs. a well executed, long term plot.
I do wish that they had made it a few episodes longer, built on it a little bit more. Once upon a time, when 21 episodes was a normal season, you had so much time that you could easily lose the storyline. Now, with abbreviated seasons, you run the risk of rushing through. I guess there’s no such thing as a happy medium. I’m not sure how long this show is going to run(my guess is 2 seasons, but who knows), but I’m hoping that they go a little off of the game story next season.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I do wish that they had made it a few episodes longer, built on it a little bit more. Once upon a time, when 21 episodes was a normal season, you had so much time that you could easily lose the storyline. Now, with abbreviated seasons, you run the risk of rushing through. I guess there’s no such thing as a happy medium. I’m not sure how long this show is going to run(my guess is 2 seasons, but who knows), but I’m hoping that they go a little off of the game story next season.
I think my most egregious complaint though is how in the last ~5 minutes of the season, they basically nullified the core threads that the season worked to develop. My understanding is this also happens in the game and I would take that as still a pitfall to the overall story.

A whole lot happened within the story without a whole lot happening, really, from starting point to end point.

Reactions: Mortamyhr