Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Paul Creasy, the General Manager of the Pipe Tobacco Division at Altadis USA sent this over to share with you guys and girls.
It's amazing to think that brands like Winston could not only sponsor mass appeal shows but also feature in-show promotion of cigarettes. And they gave away pipe tobacco as a game show prize. What a difference today.
http://hypervocal.com/politics/2011/watch-last-living-eyewitness-to-lincoln-assassination-on-cbs-game-show/

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Here is an old black and white commercial from the early '60s featuring Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble hawking Winston cigarettes. It seems back when the show first aired it was sponsored by Winston.
The commercial has the two of them hiding out in the backyard, smoking a cigarette and hiding from the wives. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqdTBDkUEEQ

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
Kevin thanks for posting that video..On my errand run I just had the excuse to pick up a 7 ounce tub of PA. Here's to living to 96.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Some of the old commercials were great. I miss the old beer commercials too. The Hamms bear for one.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Thanks for the walk down memory lane...."I've got a Secret" is a show that I enjoyed back in the day....And handing out tobacco products as a prize was considered appropriate and fine....How rapidly we have gone down the slippery slope to perdition.... :crying:

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
i can remember ashtrays in the movie theaters and i used to smoke when grocery shopping o.0
I think I may be too young for theater smoking (i'm 35), but I do remember people smoking in the grocery store when I was kid.

bubblehead

Might Stick Around
May 26, 2011
No smoking in theaters here in my time, it was a fire regulation, had to go to the lobby. I do remember ashtrays built onto grocery carts, and the arms of barber chairs. I also miss the great cigarette commercials...Chesterfield 101, a silly millimeter longer. I always liked the schtick Danny Thomas used on Make Room For Daddy; Rusty or Linda says something outlandish and he blows a cigar across the room. :lol:

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Shoot,.....it wasn't that long ago you could smoke in your hospital room...right along with your visitors and the doctor! The nurses would empty and clean your ashtray!

Status
Not open for further replies.