PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

thatguy1892

Lurker
Jul 28, 2024
Memphis, TN
I've only been smoking for about a month, but in that short time heard a lot of buzz about The Country Squire. Then found out it's in Jackson, MS, about three hours south of me (in Memphis). We have family close to there, so decided to make a day of it and check out The Country Squire.

The shop is in a sort of upscale shopping center, and I was floored when I walked in. It was like going back in time. Looks like the old country store that was down the road from the house I grew up in. It is packed to the gills with tinned tobaccos, pipes, and an amazing wall of house blends. There are tables outside to sit and smoke, a small smoking area up front with comfy chairs, and a small but comfortable lounge in the back. There is also a very well stocked cigar humidor.

The shop was full, and people were talking and laughing, having a great time. All of the staff were very friendly, willing to help, but not pushy. The woman who weighed my tobacco was very nice and chatty, and happy to talk about some new blends she is experimenting with. I picked up some Cherokee, Choctaw, and Tombigbee, along with a Missouri Meerschaum Country Squire. Haven't had time to light up yet, as it's still in the 90's outside in Memphis.

We will definitely be back for a visit, and would recommend the shop to anyone passing through Mississippi.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
The Country Squire is very well known…

What no pics of all the fun and excitement to show us? LOL 😆

You have to always show the Pipe Adventure Pics! ;)

Glad you had fun! :)