96 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Once you see the snapshot below, you will understand. The top one arrived Tuesday, the bottom one this morning. Aaaaagggghhhhhh! But I will persist. Discipline, discipline.

My movement lately has been towards straight pipes. I wonder if the reason is the Icon, partially shown in the frame, which was painted, made and cast by my friend and flyfishing buddy, now deceased, Willy Wolf. He gave it to me as a gift, as he would say, to hav Him keep me on the straight and narrow. I was somewhat erratic in those days. :LOL:

I always enjoyed dinner at the Wolf's. His wife was a great cook, but Willy was also a pipe smoker. After dinner, knowing what Willy was going to do, she would say, "Descend, Gentlemen."

Day 2 begins tomorrow. Pray for me! 🤣 Discipline! Discipline!

Sorry for the lousy picture. Don't like the snapshot thing, but was distracted by my dog who needed to be wokked. Hmmm . . . .guess I'm hungry as well.

Falcon Pipes for Forum.JPG

Have 2 other bowls for the pipes, as well, but I ran out of fingers and the other hand was otherwise occupied trying to hold the camera.

gord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Once you see the snapshot below, you will understand. The top one arrived Tuesday, the bottom one this morning. Aaaaagggghhhhhh! But I will persist. Discipline, discipline.

My movement lately has been towards straight pipes. I wonder if the reason is the Icon, partially shown in the frame, which was painted, made and cast by my friend and flyfishing buddy, now deceased, Willy Wolf. He gave it to me as a gift, as he would say, to hav Him keep me on the straight and narrow. I was somewhat erratic in those days. :LOL:

I always enjoyed dinner at the Wolf's. His wife was a great cook, but Willy was also a pipe smoker. After dinner, knowing what Willy was going to do, she would say, "Descend, Gentlemen."

Day 2 begins tomorrow. Pray for me! 🤣 Discipline! Discipline!

Sorry for the lousy picture. Don't like the snapshot thing, but was distracted by my dog who needed to be wokked. Hmmm . . . .guess I'm hungry as well.

View attachment 323340

Have 2 other bowls for the pipes, as well, but I ran out of fingers and the other hand was otherwise occupied trying to hold the camera. Cheers. Cigar time.

gord

Starting to Get Obsessed
I did an unintentional fast on my recent week vacation. Had 1/2 bowl and that was all. Out of my routine and busy with wife and activities I didn't miss it.
BUT........
When I got home and enjoyed again, it was AWESOME. A fresh palate was delightful.
That's what I'm expecting! Just too much lately. Even today, I've only had one cigar and a Colt. May have one in the evening, too, if buddy Mike comes over for a bowl.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

gord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Better you than me. Hang in there, buddy!!
Thanks! After the initial disappointment over not getting to test out the Falcons, not a bad day at all. Had a couple of Colts and a Backwoods Banana. Did some reading, watched a couple of vids on the internet, and a bit of filing and cleaning up. Tongue's noticeably better and tomorrow's another day. :)

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
Man, you’ve gotta quit, even cigars, and you will be rewarded handsomely. I just quit for 3 days myself and my palette has completely reset. Blends are mind blowing now with so many different flavors going on. I do this “fast” every once in a while. It can keep you from getting burned out. Try Zyn nicotine pouches 6mg. They come in different flavorings and they help the urge without carcinogens and being hard on your mouth as it’s just nicotine and flavoring.

• Love
Reactions: gord

gord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Man, you’ve gotta quit, even cigars, and you will be rewarded handsomely. I just quit for 3 days myself and my palette has completely reset. Blends are mind blowing now with so many different flavors going on. I do this “fast” every once in a while. It can keep you from getting burned out. Try Zyn nicotine pouches 6mg. They come in different flavorings and they help the urge without carcinogens and being hard on your mouth as it’s just nicotine and flavoring.
No doubt you are correct. I "fasted" for two or three days once in a while, not taking my instrument out the case (I was a professional violinist) during a break in the action on the occasion we had a two or three day lull in our busy schedules. Always went back to it with fresh vigour! Good advice!

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
No doubt you are correct. I "fasted" for two or three days once in a while, not taking my instrument out the case (I was a professional violinist) during a break in the action on the occasion we had a two or three day lull in our busy schedules. Always went back to it with fresh vigour! Good advice!
As a classically trained pianist, I totally get the reference.

• Love
Reactions: gord