PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
I tend to get sick when the seasons change. Lo and behold, this past weekend was about 15° cooler and bam, caught a cold. I can't angel or taste anything and I have probably smoked 1 bowl in the last two days. I really just can't enjoy it without the taste. Smoking some if my house blend aros in hat way if I feel like I didn't enjoy it, it won't be a total loss. Thinking of trying the old bourbon with honey and lemon remedy. Anyone have any other suggestions that work for them?

pipingruotsi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 6, 2013
That sucks man. I once had an old Persian (Iranian) guy tell me to get some eucalyptus oil and boil a little in a pot of water to help clear your sinuses. Well, I didn't boil it, but I did but some on a paper towel and it did do a good job of clearing my sinuses.

That Persian was quite the guy. lol He worked in my wine shop. I think he could've sold rust to an old nail. :lol:

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
from what I have read, vitamin c only helps BEFORE you get sick. and I , as well, have had my flu shoot. it is mandatory for us to get it. this is the first cold I have had in years. ugh! what is rose hips btw?

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
Eat lots of garlic,I have since i was a child . I rarely get sick and if i do it never last for long :D

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
vitamin c only helps BEFORE you get sick

Agreed.
Got a nasty virus a few weeks back and still can't kick the cough. I still smoked and drinking hot chamomile tea seemed to help. Also can't seem to get rid of this sour tongue I've had for weeks. Don't know if it was from the sickness or from a tobacco.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Colds are colds. They will pass. If you're having sinus gunk, I've become a firm believer in the nasal washes or neti pots, if you can get over how gross and weird they are. :)

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Eat lots of garlic,I have since i was a child . I rarely get sick and if i do it never last for long
Well, I eat what seems like tons of garlic every day ( I just love the stuff) and this year I had a Doosey of a cold for nearly three weeks
Didn't work for me

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
My immune system is somewhat of a tank. It us actually a bit of a surprise that I caught a cold seeing as I haven't been sick in years (and it reminds me why I hate it). the corpsman loaded me up on meds. firefly it will get better in a day or two, if not I might try a neti pot

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
plenty of water, lay off the pipe for now, focus on your diet. Your body's fighting right now, you need to give it the best fuel you can. Plenty of fruits&veggies

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
I go back and read my previous posts and realize how utterly incoherent they are with my phone's stupid auto correct. sorry

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Be sure to use distilled water for your nasel rinse. Some water sources have more bugs than you want to think about.
So far in the past month, my wife has had a sinus infection, double ear infection, and now broncitis. Sometimes broncitis goes away without antibiotics, but her's didn't. After 3 weeks she's finally feeling better. Her secret remedy? Whiskey, hot lemonade, and honey. (Something her dad taught her when she was a kid). It may not cure anything, but she doesn't care after drinking one of those.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I've been eating a scoop of this stuff for a long time. I only get sick every 3-4 years and usually, its minor. This one is called Green Super Food but I've also used Green Vibrance and swear by it.
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=G5-1022&sourceType=sc&source=FG&adGroup=40-60&keyword=G5-1022&cm_mmc=Google+Shopping-_-Product+Listing+Ads-_-40-60-_-G5-1022&gclid=CPqR49Ls0rkCFS9dQgodmSYA4A#.UjiC2WRgY_M

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Rose hips are the fruit produced by the rose bush after successful pollination. Good natural source of vitamin C, as noted.

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
Whiskey, hot lemonade, and honey. 
I told u guys this stuff works. wives tale? maybe. but if it doesn't work at least I have an excuse to get some decent bourbon. (Evan Williams! wonderful Kentucky.)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Fastest way I know how to clear the sinuses so you can taste again is to get a bottle of saline nose spray and flush your nose every hour for a couple of days, should knock it out pretty quickly. Hope you feel better soon.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I can sympathize. I just spent this past weekend (my birthday weekend no less) in bed with strep :(
Needless to say I'm looking forward to that next pipe!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I spent like 4 hours awake, unable to sleep due to allergies, nothing seems to work when it gets bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.