PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

logandow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
I will be in Tacoma Wa. soon, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good smoke shops in the region.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
There's a Tinderbox in Tacoma, and if you're up for a little driving the tobacco patch in Bellevue has a pretty large tinned selection. The Tinderbox is where I go for bulk SPC blends. Be warned the Taxes on tobacco in WA are quite high. There's also a Seattle pipe club meeting on May 16th if your schedule lines up.

logandow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
Thanks! Unfortunetly though I will miss the meeting by a day. I'm only going for rammstein and I'm leaving the day after

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
There's a Tinderbox in Tacoma

That is the best news I've ever heard! If I am still with my grilfriend a year from now, I will be moving with here to Tacoma. Shes going to school somewhere around there. I'm glad there will be a pipe shop not too far from me

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Smokey Joe's in Fife which is right next to Tacoma (they border one another) is a great cigar lounge. I believe the Seattle Pipe Club meets there as well, so you should be able to enjoy your pipe. I was at Smokey Joe's back in February and it's a great smoke lounge. If you like cigars they have an awesome selection and a full service bar with food available as well. If you're in Tacoma then you need to check it out. It's awesome!

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Stay with your girlfriend and I'll look forward to meeting you in a year or so.

Same here. We could enjoy a few bowls on your boat. If my willpower is strong enough(I may not beable to wait that long), we could pop open a tin of Balken Sasieni I have aging. It will have almost two and a half years of age on it

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I've been to both Smokey Joe's in Fife, and Tinderbox in Tacoma. They are both nice. Tinderbox is more of a retail location with lots of stuff for pipe smokers, but you can't smoke in there because of Washington State law. Smokey Joe's is more of a well-appointed cigar lounge where you can smoke, since it is on an Indian Reservation. When I was there 1.5 years ago, they didn't have products for pipe smokers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.