PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rotschefeller

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2012
Köln, Germany
I live in Germany and I found this little place while visiting a friend a few hours north of where I live. It is located in Wuppertal, Germany.
I know not a lot of you will be able to visit this place but I just felt like sharing the story, because it's what got me started on pipe smoking.
What really caught my attention was how nice the owner was. He has a small setup there but still a good selection of pipes and many house blends. He was very informative and friendly, and he was not at all biased in is recommendations to me based on price. I looked up the place later and I even read that he will give thorough pipe and tobacco advice even to people just passing by who don't want to buy anything. Much more of a nice man who loves what he does than a salesman, which is unfortunately, pretty rare.
I bought a Vauen pipe from him and a house blend of black rasberry tobacco which was wonderful. I wish I had bought more of that and some other house blends.
Had I known what for a little gem I had stumbled upon I would have treasured it a lot more, but it being my first real pipe purchase I was a bit clueless. I wish he were located closer to me so I could go there often, buy a house blend and talk smoke.
So this is how and where it all started for me. A little shop with a passionate and friendly owner. Not many here will have the chance, but for the rare one that might, I'd recommend Tabak Zander to absolutely anyone interested in pipes and tobacco.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
It's so nice to hear of a merchant who has a passion and genuine interest in what he sells. Today that is a rare thing,

but I'll bet it happens more in the pipe tobacco world than any other. Link to Tabak Zander.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Zander has some premium house blends! Make sure to try Flake #29 and Blend #440!

rotschefeller

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2012
Köln, Germany
Rothnh, Yes it is north of Köln. About a 1 to 1 and a half hour drive. Wuppertal is a very beautiful city because of the landscape and because it was not destroyed during the war, so it's one of the few cities around here that has more than a few buildings older than the late 1940's.

I live in the surrounding area of Köln.
Thank you cortezattic for linking the site, I didn't think about that for some reason. Sorry that there is no English site guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.