PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
Has anyone heard anything about this? I just saw it on SP this morning while browsing.

Description: "Sun-cured rustica leaf joins zesty Virginias and nutty Burleys before the mixture is aged in bourbon barrels and pressed into a crumble cake, allowing the tobaccos to mellow and their flavors to meld, making for a rich, full-bodied experience with plenty of exciting flavor."

It sounds like something Per Jensen would be involved with.

Crumble Kake Barrel Aged No.5 Rustica | Sutliff Pipe Tobacco - https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobacco/Sutliff/crumble-kake-barrel-aged-series-no.5-rustica-limited-edition-50g/product_id/517956

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
really digging the black tin series ( assuming this is one) and missed out on the Aberrant drop, thanks for the heads up

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Just smoked my first bowl at my local B&M.
Bought 3 Tins.
If you are a fan of HH Rustica Imagine that with the sweetest VA and the nuttiest Burley imaginable and the Nic kick in the teeth of 1792…
This is truly one of the best smokes I’ve ever had.

The Kake is drier than others and I used the crumbles already broke off and crumbled a tad more to gravity load the bowl. Next time I’ll leave it on the tray to dry a bit more and I’ll break it up a bit more as it was a bit finicky staying lit but oh man wow smoke for sure.

I reckon it to the first time I smoked HH bold Kentucky or Peterson’s Irish Flake not in taste but just that wallop of flavor , you don’t need to coax anything here it’s bold and in your face…

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
Just smoked my first bowl at my local B&M.
Bought 3 Tins.
If you are a fan of HH Rustica Imagine that with the sweetest VA and the nuttiest Burley imaginable and the Nic kick in the teeth of 1792…
This is truly one of the best smokes I’ve ever had.

The Kake is drier than others and I used the crumbles already broke off and crumbled a tad more to gravity load the bowl. Next time I’ll leave it on the tray to dry a bit more and I’ll break it up a bit more as it was a bit finicky staying lit but oh man wow smoke for sure.

I reckon it to the first time I smoked HH bold Kentucky or Peterson’s Irish Flake not in taste but just that wallop of flavor , you don’t need to coax anything here it’s bold and in your face…
That's nice to read, sounds right up my alley.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Looking forward to this. Missed the HH Rustica drop so figured I should grab a couple of tins of this, which I did the moment it came out.
to each his own, but though I love the HH and I'm sure I will visit it here and there as a bold leaf this CK 05 is truly divine and needs to keep coming, everything I've had in the red and black tins buy Sutliff is top notch but this one is king

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Wow, I’m truly amazed that we’re going back to smoking Nicotiana rustica, when it was completely overtaken by Nicotiana tabacum, which is the species that has been in our pipes for more than a century and a half. You guys must have much stronger constitutions than I. I‘m not a fan of blends that edge past the midpoint of nicotine strength; rustica would probably kill me.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Wow, I’m truly amazed that we’re going back to smoking Nicotiana rustica, when it was completely overtaken by Nicotiana tabacum, which is the species that has been in our pipes for more than a century and a half. You guys must have much stronger constitutions than I. I‘m not a fan of blends that edge past the midpoint of nicotine strength; rustica would probably kill me.
Well, it's strange I was smoking Drum, Bali Shag, and Gauloises RYO's in the late 90's-the early 00s. Then some crazy nicotine level laws happened and everything got weaker I think the reason I love Rustica and some of SG and G&H Flakes so much is I get that full tobacco flavor and nicotine satisfaction that I've been starved of for like 20 years.