PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
I was on my way to my parents house yesterday to help move a few heavy objects, when much to my chagrin, my new oom paul began to give me a gurgle. I reached into my pipe pouch and realized I forgot pipe cleaners,again. Now there's charlie browns, and charlie browns too, which are combination guns, ammo, bait,and head shop. They both will sometimes have pipe accessories, but it's hit or miss, and they usually have a tiny selection of otc's and some rolling tobacco. These are mainly so they have some aura of actually selling the glass,or lampwork, or novelty, pipes, and rolling papers, for something other than why they are being bought.
And then I remembered that there was another shop in town, so I stopped by in the hopes they would have pipe cleaners. I didn't have a long time it was about ten minutes to close, but I did get to peak around.
A couple of Pete's in the case, a few basket's of decent looking basket pipes, a few meers on display, huge humidor section. Nice selection of tinned Peterson's tobaccos, a dozen or so bulk jars(didn't get much time I was kinda in a hurry). I talked to the employee's about the "cigar lounge" they had in the back. To use it you need a membership, a $5 day pas or to spend $40 or more in pipe tobacco or cigars. They have some keurig cups next to the register for 79 cents a peice, the keurig is in the lounge, also they say a pool table and a big screen. I may have to stop in with more time next time and shell out the fiver to check it out. They do also have a collection of glass pipes and water pipes and tie die head wraps, and such and the other. But it seems more like the head shop section was an afterthought, instead of the other way around.

All in All I'll need to stop by to give it a good review, but it looks good enough to stop by again.
Oh and yes they did have my cleaners.

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
You gotta check out the Squire on Capitol St.! Great store with a decent pipe selection , and good amount of pipe tobacco. Prices are not bad either, especially if you are in town a lot and do the "club membership" deal.
I will miss visiting the Squire when I move!

joshwolftree

Checked online and it looks like a nice place, though a little far. I'm down on the eastern panhandle. I love that West virginia's capitol is Charleston and four hours away or so on the panhandle is Charlestown :lol:

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
Hahaha! I thought you came down this way! I had seen where you are up in the panhandle. Did not notice the spelling, doh!

Status
Not open for further replies.