PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatanka

Lurker
Jan 2, 2011
I opened a package received in todays mail to discover a pipe with a letter. The pipe was hand-made by a member of Pipesmagazine.com. Hearing that I had a birthday earlier this week, he decided I needed a nice gift. We are internet friends, on my end I'd like to think we are becoming good, trusted friends, although we have never met. The pipe traveled over 1900 miles, was an unexpected gift I shall always cherish. It is a bent Prince shape which makes it something new in my humble collection.
Pipe smokers are unique and in this instance, thoughtful, generous and yes, "giving."

Thanks for the great surprise B-day gift.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
:D That's awesome! An association with the people here...and a bowl of tobacco do my heart and soul more good than the best psychiatrist in the world could ever hope to do!

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Fantastic story, seems the pipe smoking fraternity are as friendly and as willing to help each other out as the Bike fraternity in the UK :D
Now more importantly as mentioned before, we need a pic :puffy:

mauro

Lurker
Jan 9, 2011
Pipa autoregalatami per compleanno :D http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/2089/amphora-10s-600x450.jpg

groundsar

Might Stick Around
Nov 22, 2010
Thanks for sharing that story and Happy Birthday Tatanka...As for your benefactor, what an awesome gesture. It's nice to know there are still people out there willing to make such wonderful gestures.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
That was a great gesture by a fellow piper.

I am on three different lists (all different subjects) and this one is the most

civil
. (i.e. no flame wars etc.)

directshot

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2010
Happy Birthday and welcome to the forum from another new-B forum piper.

Enjoy the very special gift.... great folks here !!

Status
Not open for further replies.