PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mateusbrown

Might Stick Around
Apr 24, 2022
Georgia, USA
I had to be in Valdosta this past Wednesday, and I had googled ahead of time to see if there were any cigar/pipe/tobacco shops there. I found Stogies Downtown, and they have a walk-in humidor, you can get drinks (looked like a great beer selection), and smoke your cigar or pipe there. Most importantly, they have a modest selection of canned and tinned pipe tobaccos, some basket pipes from $30 to $60 or so, some corncobs, and few Savinellis and the like. You have to ask to look at the pipes as they are in a sliding-glass-door cabinet.

I saw a La Rocca straight billiard pipe in the basket for $32 that I left with, and I got a can of Cornell and Diehl chocolate cavendish. I haven't opened it yet, but I liked their Green River vanilla, so thought I'd get this and save it. The tobacco is priced a little higher than you could get it online, though, which is usually the way.

The pipe smokes great. Just one little defect on the rim that looks filled in, which I suppose why it was relegated to the basket although I really like it.

Piping Abe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2021
Georgia, USA
Happy to hear about your experience. I live right outside/work in Valdosta. I’ve heard great things about Stogies but haven’t had a chance to make it there yet.