PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
When a website goes Live, is presumed to be alive, because you see a site, then you follow these steps in ECommerce;

1. Have an email Auto Responder, this is not for problems, but to simply inform a person your email was received and when to expect a reply.

2. Use the Auto Responder also to communicate if there is a problem and there will be a delay with a response, but listing a time frame of when to also expect a response.

3. If you can’t follow these steps, especially, in a situation like this, where people don’t even know the website has gone live or is dead, make an Announcement on the website stating the present situation, or take the site off line.

Bottom line, everything I mentioned to do above, takes roughly 15 minutes to accomplish.

P.S. @chasingembers that shows the store location is closed, it doesn’t necessarily mean the website.

Speciosa

Lurker
Jan 8, 2021
I just responded to one of my posts about Steven Books tobaccos that you posted on PipeIT that may give some more information. I also put in a 10oz order on Jan10 and have not recieved it or heard any response. I called the 503 number on the House of Calabash reference off google and got a hold of the current owner of the number is now a residence and he said he's had the number for years and constantly gets calls from people trying to get a hold of the old shop.

Have you ever received yours?

Reactions: BROBS and logs

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Here we go again.

Is it possible to ask about whether or not the company is in business without bringing up the IT situation and how improperly all of these places are running their businesses?

To be fair, I haven’t read all of your posts, but the three I can remember from recent history are two that bad mouth reputable blenders and one that praised a Chinese knock-off artist.

IBTL.

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
Haven't heard anything about the business, but a little digging through social media shows that Steve's daughter had a child late last year. I imagine the bulk of her time is focused on being a mom... Of course it would be nice if she could get back to those who are enquiring or have placed orders.

Reactions: BROBS

GCW

Can't Leave
Nov 17, 2019
Seattle
I lived in Portland and later Oregon City for a spell. Steve had been the "man" at Rich's Cigars in Portland and was my introduction to tobacco at college (PSU) in 2001. A wealth of knowledge and a master blender. Was sad to hear of his passing a few years back but was able to visit his HOC storefront in Oregon City before that. Excellent blends with well aged leaf in many of them. Hopefully, his daughter will be able to get things back up and running though it appears to continue to be a struggle.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Mr. Books has been dead for several years. His daughter said that she was going to keep it going after whatever fashion, but I never heard anything credible about her actually having done so. What I have read such as are in this thread are wonderments about the status of the business.

Folks, Mr. Books is dead.
No on is saying anything about having had successful dealings with the daughter.

Folks, Mr. Books is dead.
No on is saying anything about having had successful dealings with the daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.