PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
So during my lunch break today I sat down in the back yard to have my first smoke. I decided to go with the Zippo Peterson, because it is just awesome. I loaded it up with Lane 1Q (thanks for all who recommended this, it was wonderful). As I smoked, I began playing frisbee with my dog, who got a little over enthusiastic and jumped up at me, causing me to drop my brand spankin' new pipe. The briar was completely unharmed...not so much as a scuff. The stem however has a very large V shaped crack in it...as though it started to chip a chunk out of it, but didn't quite finish. I need some advise on how to go about either replacing the stem, or getting it repaired. Thank you all.

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Man that really blows! If that happened to me I'd be :crying:

Check out these guys for repair.

http://www.jhlowe.com/

http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/index.html

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
As its a current model I agree with herbinedave that I'm sure they would have the stem in their stock. Geees that's to bad though.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Try Peterson's website and navigate to "where to buy", I remember looking in there once. Replacement stems are somewhere in the range of $30 if I remember right, provided the pipe is a current production model. The CORRECT website address is
www.peterson.ie
Or you can have it mended / replaced with a "non-OEM" one by those two fine shops. I have not used them myself but heard only good things about them

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
From Peterson's website
Replacement Mouthpiece

Peterson pipe mouthpieces, like those of most other manufacturers are not standard size and are normally hand-fitted. Therefore you will need to return your pipe to us to have a new mouthpiece fitted. The price will be €22.50 that includes postage. Payment by credit card will be requested when the new stem has been fitted. If you wish to avail of this service please send your pipe together with your full postal address to:
Pipe Repair Department

Peterson of Dublin

Peterson House

Sallynoggin

Co. Dublin

IRELAND
Alternatively, if you are located in the U.S.A. it may be more convenient for you to purchase a stem from Schulte's Pipe Repair Service - details as follows:-
Schulte's Pipe Repair Service

678 Old Dixie Highway

Vero Beach

FL 32962

U. S. A.

Phone: 772 564 0079

Status
Not open for further replies.