18 Fresh Barling Pipes
New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Any familiarity with "Standard" brand? I assume this is the brand name anyway, but I have found very little info. Nothing on the usual sites, tho someone selling one on Ebay long ago. These are in an estate I could pick up but they seem not very special and I've got a fair batch on the (future) bench to clean up. I do like bulldogs so could pick them up, but curious about them. All I know is they are probably from pre-70's and purchased (likely) in Austria as I am in Vienna now. I've seen them once or twice before in my hunts but always passed.

standard.jpg

Last edited:
These would be $5ea for me, but I've paid that for much nicer pipes. I probably have enough 'practice pipes' for my new restoration hobby, but maybe a couple more would be OK. She also has a couple OLD pipes - a Vauen and a Peterson that might be of some historic value perhaps... but I know someone already came and got the 'good stuff' months ago so this is just the leftovers nobody wanted.

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
If they are cheap enough they may be good to practice your restoring hobby.
It's good to use really inexpensive pipes to learn sanding and refinishing.
Its very easy to sand away nomenclature and easy to just screw up the staining........ask me how I know.
No matter what, you can use the screw ups as shop pipes.
And hey, maybe they will blow your mind with their fantastic smoking characteristics!!
I rarely pass up ANY pipes I find at sales. Im a sucker for the "give them a new life" thing. I hate to see pipes end up in the trash.