St. James Flake Removed from Smokingpipes.com?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2016

if the page doesn’t translate for you, SG can’t be shipped to the EU right now.

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
Iwan Ries wants to charge me $48 to ship 1 tin USPS Priority Mail to Hawaii!

A USPS Priority Mail package this size only costs around $6-$7 to ship.

I’m going to call them, and ask them what’s up with this nonsense.

LePipe.it just shipped me last month 2 pipes from Italy using FedEx Express for only $17 USD.

Seriously if this how a company is going to operate with extreme prices for shipping like this, people should not support them! ?

View attachment 63217
Yeah that seems excessive. They’re probably not using flat rate priority boxes (that’s more than twice the price of a large flat rate box), so you get those weird zone/size/weight calculations.

Out of curiosity I checked out what they would charge me to ship a single tin to Texas. It was a much more reasonable $9.87

Reactions: BROBS

shaneireland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 14, 2014
Conway, SC
www.smokingpipes.com
Have you called SPC about it?
Sorry I’m late here, all. SJF isn’t going anywhere, as far as we know. It was basically just a mistake that it wasn’t displayed (it was sold out, though).

I also checked on the 250g boxes and they aren’t marked discontinued, we just don’t have them displayed because all are out of stock and we didn’t get any boxes on the most recent order.

Carry on...

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Yeah that seems excessive. They’re probably not using flat rate priority boxes (that’s more than twice the price of a large flat rate box), so you get those weird zone/size/weight calculations.

Out of curiosity I checked out what they would charge me to ship a single tin to Texas. It was a much more reasonable $9.87

I see not only excessive but mistakes. Technically speaking, Priority does not ship in 1-2 days, those are Express methods. USPS Priority in the USA is 3-5 days.

I’ll call them and see if they’ll be reasonable about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.