PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rvk5150

Lurker
Aug 23, 2020
Michigan
Hello Everyone,

Enjoyed cigars for about 25 years with an occasional attempt at a pipe about two years ago...with the pandemic instead of having a cigar or two throughout the day (been working from home since March) I mix in a bowl or two and really enjoy it.

I had an old pipe purchased for me as a gift by my high school sweetheart some twenty years ago....kind of on the smaller side so last year my wife and daughter picked up a nice Savinelli for me and I also just purchased a Peterson.

Anyway came here to meet new people and learn...go easy on me!!

Reactions: indoeuro and Gecko

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Welcome! Got friends in both Michigan and Wisconsin. Beautiful states. I love the North Woods.

Reactions: mso489

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central North Carolina, from an Illinois native. Family owned a sandy-soil summer farm in Michigan, no electricity or running water, and I camped there once and visited another time, when the old house was in slow decline. The family sold it, and now it is a Christmas tree farm. The locals were kind and patient with college boys on the old family property. I'm sure they shrewdly figured out we were who we said we were, and an elderly lady invited us down for milk and cookies after a few days. We bathed in the incredibly cold creek (crick locally) that ran through the land, like swimming through the ice. The farm was northeast of Muskegon, a little crossroads called Holton, that still had a general store then.

Rvk5150

Lurker
Aug 23, 2020
Michigan
Well thanks all. To answer some questions I have yet to figure out the pipe I have from HS but am working on it. The Savinelli from my girls is a Silver Smooth 606 EX 6mm and is three years old. The Peterson is an Aran Smooth 120 Fishtail...supposed to arrive today but has not....hopefully tomorrow.

For tobacco I have two tins of Dunhill Apertif; one new and one opened. I have a tin of Davidoff Danish Mixture, Peterson Irish Whiskey, Dunhill Durbar, a package of Churchill's OTC and Golden Light from my local Cigar/Pipe Lounge..and a three pouch sampler pack of some other stuff.

Watch think?

Reactions: gervais
Status
Not open for further replies.