Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
I have a Historical person in my family and at some point in the 60 there was a lwasuit and my family won proventing anyone from profiting from his photots and likeness. Ran across someone sellinf scanns of photos of my great great grandfather and tryed to strike a deal with them but they are being jackasses. Didnt even want money just them to sell me the orginal photo and i would grant rights to them.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Ah gotcha, interesting. I am not going to ask because this seems to be a private matter, but I wish you the best of luck in the doing

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Its not a Private matter My great great grandfather was General Venustiano Carranza. He was the main player of four that started the mexican revolition and was one of the drafters of the mexican constution.

heres alittle history on him. one of the leaders of the Mexican Revolution. He ultimately became President of Mexico following the overthrow of the dictatorial Huerta regime in the summer of 1914, and during his administration the current constitution of Mexico was drafted. He was assassinated near the end of his term of office at the behest of a cabal of army generals resentful at his insistence that his successor be a civilian.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
@baronsamedi

Theres been quiet a few ppl hanging from my family tree as we are of a very devirse family

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I am not related to anyone special. Good luck with your proceedings

The only person that I know of was my grandpa. He was a spy for the OSS during WWII. He was looking for Klaus Barbie. He spoke fluent German, so he was perfect for the job.I don't really consider that special, just interesting.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Well my mothers gien name was Morgan like Capt' Morgan. My grand father swore we were related. Also somwhere on my moms side I am also related to Daniel Boone.
@jaysin

There is already a legal situation started with this it may be easier than you think to get the picture. If they get nasty about giving it over then you can pull down som coin through a Lawyer, but it aint going to be cheap...well maybe seeing as it is Mexico. Wonder if the lawyers are cheaper there just like the taquila?

Status
Not open for further replies.