PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Ive had these in a box for a while. Not especially valuable but may be worthy of a smoke. Im taking a few days off from the pipe. I think I had a cold, not somkers cough but smoking doesnt help in getting well. If I decide to keep any in my pipe rotation I have some detail work to go back into.

Anyway...there is no rule that says I cant play with pipes so Ive been messing around
These were real beaters. I think they belonged to someone who used their shoe or hard surfaces to empty pipes. The rims were basically gone.

From front to back: a Chacom, a generic St Claude pipe (Im not sure the stem is original), a little Butz Choquin, a Dr Boston that is a second of BC (It had a flawed rim but I sanded it down so the big flaw is gone), at the end a Chap. Someone loved that pipe. it was caked big time and filthy.

My fingeres are tired so Im done for a while. I need to find a way to store my pipes better...getting too many (if thats possible)

pipes.jpg

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Thanks. It was just a nagging little cough but it wont go away if I keep irritating it. No big deal. Despite on and off smoking through the years Ive never really had a nicotine addiction. I just enjoy a good smoke.

Im glad to be done with cigarettes. They suck anyway. Pipe tobacco is where its at. I should have a TAD shipment late this week😀

Im looking forward to trying the Chacom. Its a really comfortable pipe.