PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Slidell, LA
A couple of months ago the New Orleans Pipe Club decided to make a pipe club pilgrimage to The Country Squire since we have a number of members who have never been there. After several members had family or work events come up, there were only seven of us to make the trip. Jon David Cole, the owner and master blender, was gracious to come to the shop on a Saturday and spend the time with us. (He did joke about "with the amount of money you guys have spent, I can close the shop early today.")
We all had a good time but a couple of guys are going to have some explaining to do to their wives about where their new pipes came from...
NolaPipePilgrimage.jpg

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Slidell, LA
That's a lot of facial hair. I wholeheartedly approve. Wish I could have gone too. Did Cole make you a "special" blend?
About 10 years ago, Jon David made me a private blend but my taste changed and I haven't ordered any in years. We didn't whip up anything new but they did have seven or eight different samples of blends they are working on. I bought two ounces a Toadstool that's being developed by one of his employees. It's being tailored after Frogmorton on the Bayou. I know at least one other club member had Dominic mix up two ounces for him also.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Slidell, LA
That's a lot of facial hair. I wholeheartedly approve. Wish I could have gone too. Did Cole make you a "special" blend?
About 10 years ago, Jon David made me a private blend but my taste changed and I haven't ordered any in years. We didn't whip up anything new but they did have seven or eight different samples of blends they are working on. I bought two ounces a Toadstool that's being developed by one of his employees. It's being tailored after Frogmorton on the Bayou. I know at least one other club member had Dominic mix up two ounces for him also.

Reactions: Nevaditude

Sir Yak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
What a great tie that must have been. I made a stop at the CS as a part of a 40th birthday trip. I had a great time smoking a bowl at the shop and Jon David was gracious enough to come over to introduce himself and thank me for coming. It’s a GREAT shop worth visiting and I try to do some online business there as well.

Reactions: Nevaditude

midcentry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2022
Utah
That's looks like a great time! Very eager to make it out to the Squire sometime, but living in Utah makes it a tough trip to plan haha.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Covington, Louisiana
postimg.cc
We did purchase a home in Convington and have a settlement near the end of August.
Our home here in Maryland settles on 8/9, so I'll be with one of the daughters for a few weeks (both also in Covington).
We're excited about the move and I look forward to meeting some of the pipe locals!
My pipes and tobacco are packed and ready for transport in one of our vehicles!

• Love
Reactions: woodsroad

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Slidell, LA
We did purchase a home in Convington and have a settlement near the end of August.
Our home here in Maryland settles on 8/9, so I'll be with one of the daughters for a few weeks (both also in Covington).
We're excited about the move and I look forward to meeting some of the pipe locals!
My pipes and tobacco are packed and ready for transport in one of our vehicles!
We have moved our September pipe club meeting to Sept. 19. Bill Haggerty, the Laudisi rep will be at Mayan Imports in Metairie that day.

That would be a good day to come by and meet a bunch of us pipe smokers.