PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Anyone else experiencing problems?
I just order 4 tins each of Capstan Blue and Three Nuns in order to get the free shipping. But after I removed one extra item from my cart (a different tin altogether) and clicked update cart, it removed the item but add an extra tin to my order.
I only caught it when I saw my total jump from $96 to $117. This is only my second order in the past month and both times the cart acted flaky. I am on a Mac and has happened in both Google Chrome and Safari.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
In fact the problems occurred both times when I clicked the "update" button (it also emptied out my CC data which I had to re-enter.)

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Might try to use IE and see what happens. I have browser-related "error issues" when using bank websites.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
Did you let the cart sit for a while? After a certain amount of time, the browser will reset itself for security reasons. That's the only reason I can think of to explain your issues.
Shutterbug

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
That does sound odd, numbersix. Can you email me with the specifics (the items and quantities and what you removed) so that I can try to recreate the issue so that we can debug? The ajax-y bits that drive all of that can be finicky, but we thought we had that sorted. You can email me at sykes.wilford@smokingpipes.com. Thanks for your help.
Best,
Sykes

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
I had trouble with it in Mozilla Firefox, but switched to IE and no problem. But I think my last order, I used Waterfox, and it worked, although it deleted my cart, and I filled it back up, only to get doubles. oops! :puffpipe:

Jul 15, 2011
FWIW, I have had strange issues (not with smokingpipes.com mind you), but with various other websites while using Safari, namely Cracked.com, jrcigars.com, and the website I write for on a regular basis. The fact that you are having trouble in Chrome is a little strange though. I just put in an order with smokingpipes.com and didnt have a single issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.