PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
This afternoon I stopped my a cheap smokes and booze shop in Sedalia, looking for Velvet. They had none, but there was a new row of premium value priced 12 ounce bag tobaccos for $20, your choice of blends, and I selected Vanilla.

5C839AA0-1B62-4A83-A5DE-421D48626B04.jpegThis is not RYO type cheap tobacco.

It’s not a candy sweet cavendish.

This is a premium over the counter type tobacco blend as good as anything with pirates on the label, an all day smoke, mild, flavorful, easy to light, no after taste, stays lit, and while my family raved about the delicious aroma of vanilla, the taste is mostly nutty burley with some citrus and hay notes of Virginia with a pleasant undertone of vanilla beans.

There’s no bite or rough edges to this blend.

A perfect choice for a pipe smoker just starting out, and a good everyday smoke for old leather tongued veterans like me.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I was driving through Buffalo the other day, on my way to the lake, and I saw a Smoker Friendly store. I assume this, and that other pouch you posted about, is their house brand. Same logo and everything.
Yes, it’s a sort of McDonald’s type chain franchise of cheap booze and smoke shops

I’ve noticed that not all of them selll booze, and I think I know why.

Southwest Missouri has more variety and numbers of Christian sects than any place on the planet, say the social bean counters that number such things.

I’ve seen my father on vacation out West walk into a restaurant and turn around and walk out if he saw a beer tap.

And Daddy was a Campbellite elder, not even close to being a hard shell Baptist,:)

For a Campbellite, the sin wasn’t booze, it was old men selling booze to young men who didn’t know any better yet, that was the sin.

PRICE OF THE BOTTLE

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
This afternoon I stopped my a cheap smokes and booze shop in Sedalia, looking for Velvet. They had none, but there was a new row of premium value priced 12 ounce bag tobaccos for $20, your choice of blends, and I selected Vanilla.

View attachment 154717This is not RYO type cheap tobacco.

It’s not a candy sweet cavendish.

This is a premium over the counter type tobacco blend as good as anything with pirates on the label, an all day smoke, mild, flavorful, easy to light, no after taste, stays lit, and while my family raved about the delicious aroma of vanilla, the taste is mostly nutty burley with some citrus and hay notes of Virginia with a pleasant undertone of vanilla beans.

There’s no bite or rough edges to this blend.

A perfect choice for a pipe smoker just starting out, and a good everyday smoke for old leather tongued veterans like me.
Trusted since 1989 ! ;)

SF® Premium Pipe Tobacco​

• 7 Flavors. Jamaican Rum, Whiskey, Cherry, Vanilla, Bourbon, Classic Black and Sweet & Natural
  • 12 oz. bag and 1.5 oz. resealable pouch
  • Manufactured exclusively for Smoker Friendly by Sutliff Tobacco Co.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I think it's best if you make up a story about what a vanilla bean did to your family or your true love. It's just more fun then you just don't like the stuff anymore.
Perhaps I had a distant relative many decades ago who was crushed to death at a young age by an avalanche of spilled potpourri. That would explain my distaste for Lakelands. ?

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Reminds me of that old joke. A chap was walking down the street and he sees this beautiful women and he goes up to her and says 'Sorry I don't mean to be rude but you remind me of someone I was at school with about ten years ago'. The women smiles sweetly and replies 'Yes I was at your school but I used to be a boy in those days!'. The chap replies 'Thats amazing. Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?'. The woman replies 'Not in the least'. He clears his throat and asks her 'Did it hurt when you had those breast implants put in?'. She replied 'Not in the least'. He then asked 'Well what about when they cut off your Jacobs and turned everything inside out?'. She smiled again and replied 'That didn't hurt at all'. Some what perplexed he said 'Well did anything hurt?'. After a few minutes thought the women replied 'The only thing that hurt was when they shrank my brain and made my mouth bigger!'.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I spent a summer on an internship at the newspaper in Neosho, in Southwest Missouri, back in the late 60's, near the beginning of time. Being a city kid from Chicagoland, I really enjoyed learning a little about the small towns and farms of the area, towns like Granby, Sedalia, and Diamond. The Neosho Daily News was in a re-purposed chicken hatchery, and the publisher would put on a paper hat and overalls and crawl in to do maintenance on the press. I drove the delivery truck for reporting in the morning and got it back in time for distribution, a near new Dodge pickup, three on the floor, and covered the dirt track stock car races Saturday night. It was a heck of a summer.

That vanilla blend sounds pretty good. Pipe smokers miss something not giving bagged tobacco a try. Some of it is terrible, most is pretty good or better, and none of it costs a lot.

The newspaper was later sold to the Gannett chain when they were buying up local papers. Now they've sold most of them off, and a local couple bought it from them. I'm waiting to see if they can get it rolling again or perhaps convert it to an online news outlet. I sent them a historical nostalgia piece on my internship, but never heard back. Not what's needed right now, I suspect.

Last edited: