Skinflint PSA: Mr Brog Old Boy Knockoff.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I was looking on Amazon (had a gift card) for a Fauxpont, but then I saw the Mr Brog Old Boy copy for cheaper, $25 shipped. I've been using it non-stop for over two weeks and have had no issues. No leaks, and it works great. The build and performance is far superior to my 4th Generation (Xikar) and comparable to my Kiribi. It seems quite a bit sturdier than the Kiribi, especially the nozzle/valve stem. For 25 bones, I give it a big thumbs up! But I still want a Fauxpont....

IMG_20200825_234926.jpg

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Nice find man. If it’s still working for you in a year than I may just buy one for myself but I have no luck with these style lighters. Does it have some good weight to it? I like a heavy lighter... feels solid.

Reactions: BROBS and trubka2

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Nice find man. If it’s still working for you in a year than I may just buy one for myself but I have no luck with these style lighters. Does it have some good weight to it? I like a heavy lighter... feels solid.
Yeah, it's got some heft for sure. It would hurt if somebody threw it at you.

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS and hawky454
Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
I was looking on Amazon (had a gift card) for a Fauxpont, but then I saw the Mr Brog Old Boy copy for cheaper, $25 shipped. I've been using it non-stop for over two weeks and have had no issues. No leaks, and it works great. The build and performance is far superior to my 4th Generation (Xikar) and comparable to my Kiribi. It seems quite a bit sturdier than the Kiribi, especially the nozzle/valve stem. For 25 bones, I give it a big thumbs up! But I still want a Fauxpont....

View attachment 40863
Thanks!! I just ordered one after seeing this.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
LANE 1Q FROM MY DOOFUS WAND AS I CAST SPELLS AND READ OF ALLEISTER CROWLEY'S SEXUAL ESCAPADES
No no, crossing the streams!

Tolkien-wizard pipers use the doofus wands and smoke aros, Crowley occultist-pipers smoke stupidly short "nosewarmers," particularly of the devil anse shape, while trying to get high off of perique and getting angry at theists on the internet.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Tolkien-wizard pipers use the doofus wands and smoke aros, Crowley occultist-pipers smoke stupidly short "nosewarmers," particularly of the devil anse shape, while trying to get high off of perique and getting angry at theists on the internet.
Well, if the option is to be a satanist: I'll embrace my wand and my aros. As for the 'doofus': well, the wise will always look silly to the obtuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.