PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I've noticed recently some P&C banners in rotation on the site.

I understand that they pulled their sponsorship some time ago. Has that changed?

Thanks.

1601832611229.png

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I read a couple vaguely worded but negative posts about P&C. I've ordered from them a couple times, no problems. Others have had a different experience, yes...?

Reactions: anotherbob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
People voiced some complaints over time and then PC apparently ended its sponsorship. I've always had a good experience with them, their generous sale prices on many pipes and blends, and maybe one minor glitch in packing over many orders from them, so I was sad to see them go. I still get emails and jump on the occasional offer. Their master blender Russ O. has been a member on Forums and always provides authoritative answers as only a seasoned pro could. So I assume they place the occasional ad here, even if they feel reluctant to continue sponsorship. I feel protective of our sponsors since they make this community and its conversation possible -- as in knowing which side your bread is buttered on.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Placed an order the other day with them and I could not find their banner to click through...

Aug 1, 2012
Still getting banner adds from P&C. While I am still somewhat a fan of their business, and wish they were still sponsors, I wonder why they still get ads without sponsorship. I still care about this site even though I am persona non grata here. Therefore I figure it is import to ensure this is brought to the attention of the management so that the site can continue.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I assume sponsorship is an ongoing fee whereas ads may be on a one-time fee basis, with no link. This site needs a revenue stream to exist, so that seems reasonable. I was interested that when Iwan Ries was a sponsor, their listing featured Savinelli specifically, and while they certainly sell the brand, even then, their inventory on the Sav page was not extensive, whereas SP has pages and pages of them. I still buy from IR, and miss them as a sponsor.

Aug 1, 2012
I've seen sponsorship pulled several times for having non-sponsor ad banners prioritized. Like I say, I want this site to continue. Therefore if the site owner comes in and says that is the structure, cool. However I don't want to see the same situation of losing sponsorship due to an old code that sends up the wrong ads.

You might have the right of it though mso489.

Status
Not open for further replies.