PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

EA-6B

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
Purchased this Olive wood brandy today
Enjoy! First one, or do you have others?
I've been eyeballing the Rook Bent Apple 'EE' & the Rook Bent Brandy 'E' over at SP.EU for a while now.

RobNYC

Lifer
Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
Enjoy! First one, or do you have others?
I've been eyeballing the Rook Bent Apple 'EE' & the Rook Bent Brandy 'E' over at SP.EU for a while now.
Thank you! This one is actually the first and surely will not be the last. Like you, I have my eye on quite a few and I don't often feel the need to practice self control when it comes to pipes. Happy hunting, I hope you get at least one of those Rooks!

Reactions: EA-6B

EA-6B

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
Thank you! This one is actually the first and surely will not be the last. Like you, I have my eye on quite a few and I don't often feel the need to practice self control when it comes to pipes. Happy hunting, I hope you get at least one of those Rooks!
If you buy them, I wouldn't be mad. =) Realistically I've turned it down with pipe-buying for a while, maybe forever. It used to seem to be a much better value to play, even for the more expensive stuff. Bought a lot right before "internet sales tax" kicked in, bought a little more before inflation started to take off, now I pretty much just window-shop. I bought something online from overseas the other day, & got charged VAT at time of payment. I guess that's a thing now. I would have to deal with it during tax time to get it back. That used to be a decent little savings, not having to pay VAT. Whatever, these days it's easier to simply avoid these problems in the first place by not buying retail.

Reactions: RobNYC

RobNYC

Lifer
Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
If you buy them, I wouldn't be mad. =) Realistically I've turned it down with pipe-buying for a while, maybe forever. It used to seem to be a much better value to play, even for the more expensive stuff. Bought a lot right before "internet sales tax" kicked in, bought a little more before inflation started to take off, now I pretty much just window-shop. I bought something online from overseas the other day, & got charged VAT at time of payment. I guess that's a thing now. I would have to deal with it during tax time to get it back. That used to be a decent little savings, not having to pay VAT. Whatever, these days it's easier to simply avoid these problems in the first place by not buying retail.
I wouldn't buy them out from under you, there are plenty out there to choose from. I get your point, it definitely used to be cheaper. I do a lot of window shopping myself but that seems to only get me into trouble... something always pops up that I can't do without. I suppose one day soon I have to step back and admit to myself that I have enough...maybe.
That sucks about the VAT, that really used to make a difference. I hope that isn't going to be a regular thing.

Reactions: EA-6B

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Anyone snag the author in the middle from SP today? It reminds me of the Castello shape 11 but I like it even better.

1699304730732.png