PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I mentioned it in a post in WAYS and thought it might make a fun thread.

Occsaionally everyone needs a pipe that goes over the top. Lets see it. Preferably one that you smoke, not just bought becuase it was weird...but thats fine too.

This is about the outter limits for me.

Vaprati Flame.jpg

Last edited:

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Well, this pipe would fall into the "odd" category.....

For about 25 years I did American Civil War reenacting as a mounted cavalryman. It was a wonderful experience to see how people dressed, lived, ate, etc. 160 years ago and to do it from horseback only added to the whole thrill. That said, I commissioned a period pipemaker to make a pipe for me that not only used authentic materials but was inscribed with etchings and battle honors of the unit that we portrayed (7th Tennessee Cavalry, Co. D.).

Here are some pictures. It has a stem of peach wood along with a portion of antler and then the vulcanite mouthpiece. Note the horseshoe around the top of the bowl.7th TN Pipe a.jpg7th TN Pipe b.jpg7th TN Pipe c.jpg7th TN Pipe d.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Here's my Paul Tatum Hot Rod pipe. It's a bid odd, but by far, not my oddest:
Noymfd9.jpg

5D4GFwK.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Here is a Castello Limited Edition commemorating the COVID Pandemic. To date it is still unsmoked There are 18k gold replicas of the virus affixed to the Sterling band. It doesn't get much more odd than this! LOL! puffy
View attachment 324651

I saw a couple of these a year (or two?) ago and thought about buying one, but never pulled the trigger. I loved the little gold viruses.

Reactions: Sigmund

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
There is a werner mummert on ebay right now. Its gonna go for more than Im willing to pay. Its kind of fun but I think Id rather put the money on something a little more traditional. Its one of his geometric shapes. It also looks very uncomfortable to hold.