PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sorry, no photos, but I have three Iwan Ries house pipes made by Benton, a subsidiary of Edwards, of Algerian briar said to be oil cured. One is a big-bowled Canadian, then a billiard which has quite a big chamber, and finally a pocket pipe in a more-or-less Oom-Paul configuration. Iran Ries then went to Savinelli as a house pipe source, and now has pipes by Genod. The Bentons have held up extremely well. They are smooth finished, with a few subtle fills, and Vulcanite stems, all done with good workmanship and a light stain.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Is Edwards still making pipes in Texas, or Tampa? Or did they close years ago. I never see them for sale new.

Reactions: ofafeather

montypiper

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2018
Smyrna, Ga
three little doggies.. Top one, 720, I just finished refurbishing. Stem was in bad shape but polished ok.
Middle 720-L, and bottom 720-M were bought together from the same lot, very lightly smoked and in excellent condition.. just an easy clean and polished the stems.

IMG_2988.jpg

Next up to be refurbed.. sandblast meerschaum lined, 720-L.
IMG_2989.jpg

Aug 1, 2012
three little doggies.. Top one, 720, I just finished refurbishing. Stem was in bad shape but polished ok.
Middle 720-L, and bottom 720-M were bought together from the same lot, very lightly smoked and in excellent condition.. just an easy clean and polished the stems.

View attachment 33833

Next up to be refurbed.. sandblast meerschaum lined, 720-L.
View attachment 33834
Very nice! Love the lines on those.