PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
you'll like it with out the filter I find that the filter hole being empty gives an open draw that taste like a restricted draw. why no clue but I could present a plausible but very suspect theory.
Update- My Vauen Luxus 5606 arrived yesterday
I’ve smoked a couple bowls in it without filter or adapter and it had a nice open draw and stayed dry. I’m smoking some Balkan Sobranie in it now and I’m quiet pleased. I’ll give it a try with the adapter once it arrives.

C

carolinasmokes

Update- My Vauen Luxus 5606 arrived yesterday
I’ve smoked a couple bowls in it without filter or adapter and it had a nice open draw and stayed dry. I’m smoking some Balkan Sobranie in it now and I’m quiet pleased. I’ll give it a try with the adapter once it arrives.
What did you think of the craftsmanship and quality of your new Vauen pipe?

Reactions: Bassman65

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
What did you think of the craftsmanship and quality of your new Vauen pipe?
I’m very happy with both. I bought the pipe for the shape and the blast and I’ve found neither to be a disappointment. It feels great in the hand, the stem fits snug the bowl is perfectly shaped (although it has been reamed) and the draft hole placement is great. I’d certainly buy another one.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
My Vauen Olaf bent egg (#4873) 20mmx46mm chamber; 9mm filter. It has become one of my most smoked pipes. Very lightweight and very comfortable. There is a circle of birdseye on the bottom and concentric rings grain all the way up both sides of the pipe. I am resisting getting another of same shape but don't know if I can hold out. The stem is matte black acrylic.1698970043430.jpeg