SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 23, 2019
This thread got me scrolling through my files for some old photos, here's a couple more that show off the live-edge on the spine a little more:

HmnEL9bl.jpg
03Nvgwal.jpg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I have two pipes right now that I plan to get when it's time. One is a Tokyo and the other is a pipe with a nice horn stem (I love the way horn looks).
I feel like my one Tsuge which is a metal blowfish is a great pipe. It's basically a briar Kiseru or at least the chamber dimensions match up. I feel like both Tsuge and Vauen really punch above their price point and don't get the love they deserve.

highwindows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2022
Gibraltar/Georgia
Here are two of the four pipes from a series Tsuge produced in the early 2000's named after the four seasons. Natsu (Summer) on top and Haru (Spring) below.

View attachment 160804

If anyone out there has an Aki (Fall) or a Fuyu (Winter) that they're willing to part with, PM me, please!
I have the spring, but I am afraid I cannot part with it. One of my most beautiful pipes.20230315_182743.jpg

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Just put this Satou on layaway. These things are hard to find! This one is an unsmoked estate. I do not understand not smoking a pipe like this, I would have bought it either way. I’d love to find one with that crazy layered stem lacquer next! I really am pleased about this piece, it’s going to be the highlight of my collection. I am fascinated by his meticulous process.

In case you aren’t aware, Satou worked at Tsuge for 25 years.
IMG_5505.jpeg

Last edited: