PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
And they are on sale now at SP.com!

I don't think the inventory has been updated from the last time I looked for a good horn-stemmed pipe, though.
That's what got me. Damn sales.

I've been doing really good about the Tad and Pad. But ive wanted a "stout" pipe for years because of the diminutive size. And this one, the "vintage smooth" is even smaller than the stout.

I'll be out of town for a week, but when I get back, I'll find all 5 of em and get pics.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Probably my next Ropp. The J04 is stupid light, but has a good sized bowl and that funky shape has nice wall thickness. Also very comfy in hand I hear.

Your praise of the Etudiants got me to snag my J11P.
View attachment 324154
Glad to help! The etudiant billiards are probably my favorite pipe. And it took me years to finally pull the trigger.

That j11 looks like a great clencher!

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Glad to help! The etudiant billiards are probably my favorite pipe. And it took me years to finally pull the trigger.

That j11 looks like a great clencher!
It is.
A J07 would be a no-brainer if I weren’t already heavy on what most would consider smaller billiards/lovats. I still may need one, the craftsmanship and draw of the old stock briar, with very well done (at any price) vulcanite stems is hard to pass up.
Discretionary funds are tough to part away from deepening the stash of leaf however.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
It is.
A J07 would be a no-brainer if I weren’t already heavy on what most would consider smaller billiards/lovats. I still may need one, the craftsmanship and draw of the old stock briar, with very well done (at any price) vulcanite stems is hard to pass up.
Discretionary funds are tough to part away from deepening the stash of leaf however.
You can't say no to the price!

Just do it. For a small inexpensive pipe, the quality is amazing.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I've been reading about it here on PM and just this morning, I finally bought it. The 4.5 fl. oz. each G/Flex and the System Three black pigment came to $58. I have several pipes to use this on, so I think it will pay for itself over time.
Let us know how that goes. I’ve done little as far as CA fixes, but I’ve passed on a couple great estate values because of but damage I could use it for.